PDA

View Full Version : Problem.....Need Help!

WildSebring
12-10-2008, 01:21 PM
Ok all....its hard to describe..I've got a DD Component set in the car with a set of Soundstream 6x9's behind me...and a Memphis Power Reference 100.4 to power everything.

Now when I'm driving around listening to music at moderate levels..its fine..but when I try and turn it over a certain volume, its like the speakers muffle themselves....and when I turn it back down, the muffle goes away. Now, I don't have any substage in the car at the moment, and its done this forever, but now its pissing me off, lol..:verymad:

I've tried a couple different headunits/rcas to no avail...and had my settings set by a SQ guy at our finals event this year after he listened to it..

It still does it..anyone have any suggestions/help ?

shaneb
12-10-2008, 01:26 PM
I'm in dallas too. Did he hear that muffle then call it good????
I'm thinking either your HU is clipping out early and you need to reset the gains on the Amp or and less likely, the amp is clipping.
I would honestly reset the gains. Crank that HU up right before you think it's about as loud as it will go, then crank that gain up right under where it sounds like ish. then turn your music down to listening level and see what you think.

WildSebring
12-10-2008, 01:39 PM
He gave me tips on where to set everything, and thats ere I put it...I get a little morevolume before it does it now, but it does it when I crank it up.

I've only got the front and rear gains around a 1/4 a piece..should I try turning them the rest of the way down?

shaneb
12-10-2008, 01:43 PM
no i would venture to say your gains need to be a bit higher. at elast the fronts
what kind of HU do you have?

WildSebring
12-10-2008, 05:07 PM
I had the Alpine 9887, and it did it then too..

Now I've got the top of the line Clarion In-Dash....cause I couldn't pass it up..:)