PDA

View Full Version : getting some new components!!!

nola504
12-09-2008, 11:34 PM
Alright, so I'm getting some new components in my xterra. while it has 6 speakers total (3 sets), i'll probably be getting 2 sets for now. A friend of mine has some 6.5 alpine type r's. they sound good, but not amazing. So what are some great-sounding components for less than $250? (if they're a little more but worth the extra $$$, that's fine)

i've been doing a lot of looking around, and i was looking at some mb quart premiums, but after reading what a bunch of you guys said about them, i'm not really considering those any more. I'll be getting a pair of 12" or 15" fi q's in a while, so i guess i'd like my speakers to compliment the subs (if that makes any sense.) I'll be listening to i guess 60% rap, 30% rock, and 10 % country/other, if that helps. like i said, i've heard my friends alpines, and while they sounded alright, i wasn't overly impressed. i'd like to blow the sound of those out of the water with my new speakers, if that's possible for my price range. thanks in advance.

okiedokie
12-09-2008, 11:57 PM
look into these
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=6201
or
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=7161
or
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=4765
make sure you get the right amp with right amount of power for any of these comps

AznrMix88
12-10-2008, 01:37 AM
Get the Morel Tempo 6. They are definitely worth it!

Hoodlum007
12-10-2008, 02:07 PM
I am with the Id CTX65cs's, im using them myself and im very happy with them.

nola504
12-10-2008, 06:34 PM
I am with the Id CTX65cs's, im using them myself and im very happy with them.

i'm really considering these. what do you like about them, or what stands out about them? also, how many watts are you giving them? rms says 100w, but i am wondering how much people are actually powering them. one more thing, how much did you pay for them? cheapest i've found them is $170.

23sql
12-10-2008, 06:37 PM
check your p.m.

blackbonnie
12-10-2008, 06:44 PM
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=366642

okiedokie
12-10-2008, 08:08 PM
NOLA504 make sure that you get a warranty with what ever sets you decide to get.
buying lower end comps sets can have slightly more problems with cheaper parts that companies use to save money.
Woofersetc.com has a one year warrant for most of there product they sell.
So what i'm saying is if you blow a tweeter or blow the mids because you want to show off or if the passive xover caps fall off the board the they will replace any of these things for you without any problems.

nola504
12-10-2008, 08:46 PM
will do okiedokie. do you know if anyone has probs with the morel tempos or the id ctx's?

okiedokie
12-10-2008, 09:05 PM
Morel or ID both have great products with warranties.
I haven't heard the ID comps or i dont know if any body has had any problems with them either,
But i have heard the morels & I do know Morel will take care of the customers, plus with Morel you'll in a win win situation.

I'm just letting you know that if you go with Morel or ID they do make mistakes, So if you get a bad set or blow something by not knowing what you are doing, then they can or will take care of you without feeling like somebody ripped you off.
Remeber to xover your speakers so that they will last you untill you can upgrade someday.

Hoodlum007
12-11-2008, 06:02 PM
i'm really considering these. what do you like about them, or what stands out about them? also, how many watts are you giving them? rms says 100w, but i am wondering how much people are actually powering them. one more thing, how much did you pay for them? cheapest i've found them is $170.

The midbass is nice and punchy, the midrange are very natural and detailed and the tweeters are very smooth. I am giving my set about 75 rms and they get plenty loud, buy buddy is running about 125 rms to his and they are taking every bit of the power with ease. I have used plenty of comps in the past and the ID's seem to have impressed me in every catagory. I got mine for $175 shipped from Woofersetc, they are authorized so you get the full warranty.

macq32
12-11-2008, 07:55 PM
the tempos are real nice

AznrMix88
12-11-2008, 08:54 PM
the tempos are real nice

agreed :)