PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on my alarm...

markt3307
12-09-2008, 10:29 PM
I currently have an Avital 2300, had it for about 3 years with no trouble. The other day i went to unlock my car and the keypad led was flashing but not unlocking or doing anything i tried and tried all the buttons, and got nothing, so ended up pulling the brain. Could it be the system itself or just the keypad? Should i replace/reprogram the keypad, or should i just get a whole new alarm??

Horsemanwill
12-09-2008, 11:29 PM
try to see if you can reprorgam the keypad first if that don't work do you have antoher? try that. if that still don't work time for a new alarm.

qkassidyw
12-10-2008, 12:12 AM
Did you check batteries in the remote?

markt3307
12-10-2008, 08:10 AM
Well I only have one keypad, and already I checked and changed the batteries on it and when I did i noticed the contacts that go from the battery holder to the circuit board had popped off, so i did some soldering and its been working fine since, until now. Like I said though the keypad itself works because it lights up when I press the button... So should i buy a new keypad and try that? then go the alarm route?

qkassidyw
12-10-2008, 09:45 AM
Well I only have one keypad, and already I checked and changed the batteries on it and when I did i noticed the contacts that go from the battery holder to the circuit board had popped off, so i did some soldering and its been working fine since, until now. Like I said though the keypad itself works because it lights up when I press the button... So should i buy a new keypad and try that? then go the alarm route?

The remote COULD have come unprogrammed and you may just need to have the alarm re-learn it.

Otherwise a power connection could have come disconnected from the alarm; or the alarm went bad.