PDA

View Full Version : Bad situation

lkraav
07-27-2003, 09:45 PM
Hola,

Saab 9000 has 4" component locations in the dash and 6x9" with separate tweeters in the back. The factory speakers sound very so and so and I am not big on the rear speaker philosophy. Cannot fit my DLS MS5 5" components in the dash, so what to do? Is redoing my doors/building kickpanels for 5 or 6" components my only option of decent sound, or are there any half-decent 4" components out there?

willll
07-27-2003, 09:53 PM
get 4'' comps. for the dash, mount some tweeters in the a-pillar/dash. that's how you could avoid kick panels, then you could get/mak some speaker baffles that would cover up your rear speaker panel holes and give you a 5'' hole to mount your current comps in.

lkraav
07-27-2003, 10:00 PM
The dash has both woofer location and tweeter location for the components, so no problem there. But you are saying I should have 4" components in the dash and 5" components in the back? Why not keep the current 6x9-s in the back then and just sell my 5" set (I could still get at least _some_ cash back of the original investment)? But if I was to keep the 5" set, wouldn't putting them in the rear screw up imaging or create problems getting the two component sets to play together well enough?

willll
07-27-2003, 11:15 PM
sell 'em. so then you need a 4' driver and a tweeter. make sure and get the right size tweeter tho...:)

BDIDDY
07-27-2003, 11:21 PM
I would make kickpanels and just put 4" speakers in the front. I would make kickpanels just because they are supposed to sound really good.