PDA

View Full Version : Amp Rack

67impala
07-27-2003, 02:23 PM
alright if i wanted to build an amp rack with 2 fans which i think i could do i saw it somewhere on the internet i understand the concept i have overclocked and tweaked my computers for years and understand heatsinks etc...

so i would have a fan pullin and one pushing air out to keep it cooled and i could run a switch to turn the fans on and off...

cause my amp is being sent back to factory to be fixed...
now i would want to have plexiglass or something right with holes cut out for the fans and so i could see the amp where could i get this and can i just drill through it with a hole saw? like i'll buy that grey carpet **** and make it all nice drill holes for the wires etc...

and the just mount it to the back seat?

now if my amp is running cooler like this does it operate more efficiently like its a class d kicker amp kx 400.1 like might it operate at 85% efficiently beacuse it would be running cooler? cause its gunna be in my trunk... and what should i use for the amp rack construction?

djjdnap
07-27-2003, 02:29 PM
um it'll make ur amp last longer, since it won't get so hot, so ur addin years to it, also since the amp wouldn
t get as hot it would perform better, if u were to play it for a long time,,, because usually when the amp or subs get hot thats when distortion becomes even worse..

67impala
07-27-2003, 07:04 PM
cool thx for the info

Trixter
07-28-2003, 09:57 AM
On my amp rack I had 2 fan that were both blowing outwards. I had a hole in the middle for the wiring, i guess this is where the air came in at. I did it for this reason because I didn't want to purposely blow any dust or anyting in the amps. (I have the bottoms off.) As for a switch, I just connected them to my ignition wire on the back of the HU. I know they are on all the time but i figure that's better than me forgetting to turn them on. You can also connect them to the remote line if they are low enough voltage. Check out my gallery for ideas.