PDA

View Full Version : Massive Audio Component set

toxic
12-07-2008, 08:29 PM
I finally got around to going to several car audio stores Friday. I was wanting to listen to components before buying them. My plan is to go active in the near future. The stock setup is killing me , so I decided to get some components to start with while I get the amps installed and all the wiring ran.

I got to sample some Pioneer Premier , JL audio, and a few others. One shop deals in Massive Audio. After listening to the Pioneer Premiers and the Massives CK6, I picked up a set of the Massives.

Good power rating, effeciency. They sounded "fuller" than the Premiers. JL was on par with the Premiers but the Premiers edged them out.

The head unit that came in the truck is an old Kenwood that *****. It is coming out and one of my Alpines are going in untill I get the Eclipse.

Massives had Nomex tweeters, nice carbon fiber woofer cone and looked pretty darn good, but looks don't count.

I had to run the tweeters at -3 db as they are a little bright. My mounitng options in the truck are VERY limited.

The more time I get on the mids, the better they sound and the fuller they are getting. Can't wait to break them in and put some power on them with an amp...

lyttleviet
12-07-2008, 08:47 PM
sounds good. Keep us posted!