PDA

View Full Version : ******Enclosure idea*******

mugen08
12-06-2008, 03:56 PM
Ok, I have an idea for an enclosure and I want to know if it is possible and if anyone would be willing to desigh one for me..

It will be a slot ported box with the port flared, will be for an 18" sub, and around 6 cubes.

Now here's the twist.

Inside the box, I want to build another "box" against the back. The idea of this is that I can remove the "lid" of the box, and in effect, create a larger enclosure and therefore lower the tuning.

That way, I can run it with the "lid" off for DD to keep my tuning low, and when I go to comps, I can add the lid causing the tuning to increase.

I'd say 32 for daily, 44ish for SPL.
Sub would be an AQHDC3

I just came up w/ this idea, and it seems to make sense in my head, I just need some feedback as to wether it can be done, and if so would someone be willing to do it for me.

Thanks all

mugen08
12-06-2008, 04:02 PM
bump

ughhibye
12-06-2008, 04:02 PM
just make a interchangeable port

mugen08
12-06-2008, 04:05 PM
Interchangeable flared slot port?

Rashaddd
12-06-2008, 04:18 PM
Just use something to fill the air space instead

when you want to tune higher by reducing air space, throw a bunch of wood in there (in a somewhat secure, organized, and obviously measured way)

hatemonger
12-06-2008, 04:42 PM

when you want to tune higher by reducing air space, throw a bunch of wood in there (in a somewhat secure, organized, and obviously measured way)

agreed.

thorshammer1
12-06-2008, 06:15 PM

x3 but instead of wood you can use foam(seat cushion type) Ya want to cut it slightly bigger and let it expand to the port walls. Works great!;)

80INCHES
12-06-2008, 06:16 PM
x3 but instead of wood you can use foam(seat cushion type) Ya want to cut it slightly bigger and let it expand to the port walls. Works great!;)

is there a link to buy this stuff

johnmatt
12-06-2008, 06:57 PM
no dont use foam... just use a block of mdf... as UNsquare as possible so that it wont interfere with acoustics

mugen08
12-06-2008, 07:16 PM

I see you design boxes.

Can you do flared slots?

Rashaddd
12-06-2008, 07:22 PM
I see you design boxes.

Can you do flared slots?

Yes, pm me