PDA

View Full Version : perfect's

morganator88
07-26-2003, 05:36 AM
if i were to have 2 12 inch subs maybe running somewhere around 1000 watts total, what would the best setup of speakers be in a silverado pickup ? infinity kappa perfects? this is me wondering how i can still have mid range and high range that is not drowned out by bass at most selected volumes. and is it JUST the 4x6's in my rear seat trim and the 6 1/2s in the doors? would a component set be optimal ? or maybe two ?

morganator88
07-26-2003, 05:37 AM
its a 97 silverado, stock system

marleyskater420
07-26-2003, 06:56 PM
i didnt like the 6.1 perfects when i heard them.they didnt give me enough midbass.but then again i all i love is bass.i went w/ type r's over the perfects because 1.they fit in my car.2.i liked the sound alot better and its not just a high noise liek the perfects,its a all round sound.at least thats my opinion.

Bavarian3
07-27-2003, 05:18 AM
if i were to have 2 12 inch subs maybe running somewhere around 1000 watts total, what would the best setup of speakers be in a silverado pickup ? infinity kappa perfects? this is me wondering how i can still have mid range and high range that is not drowned out by bass at most selected volumes. and is it JUST the 4x6's in my rear seat trim and the 6 1/2s in the doors? would a component set be optimal ? or maybe two ?

1 component set will definetly be good enough. What is ur price range then we can suggest u something. oh and ur gona need to get an amp for the components as well, an amp that does something like an 80x2

morganator88
07-28-2003, 03:15 AM
i can go with whatever as long as there not more expensive then perfects.MB's really dont live up to there reputation do they ? and where would a good mounting place be for the tweeters, if lets say, i had some 4x6's in the back and the 2 -12s... is the crossover network hard to wire up and where would hte crossover go ? dual amp setting up is easy as hell, especially with like 3 preamp outputs on todays alpine decks :D

EVOECLIPSE
07-28-2003, 11:20 PM
i really like audiobahn componets, the alum. cone ones. i had two sets of these in my car and they sound bad ***. and they were cheap like a year ago on ebay for 70 but you can pay more for some nicer stuff. the type r's sound nice as well