PDA

View Full Version : User dagers scammed me for 375.00

silenkiller
12-05-2008, 06:39 AM
User dagers was selling a JL 1000/1v2 for 375.00. I paid for the item, and just received a box with a condom inside it. Paypal just said that they wont refund because they dont cover the quality of items received? WHAT? Are you KIDDING me?

DBDRAGGUY
12-05-2008, 06:43 AM
User dagers was selling a JL 1000/1v2 for 375.00. I paid for the item, and just received a box with a condom inside it. Paypal just said that they wont refund because they dont cover the quality of items received? WHAT? Are you KIDDING me?

Thats ****ed up, post up his info. and contact the local authorities on this POS

silenkiller
12-05-2008, 06:47 AM
Thats ****ed up, post up his info. and contact the local authorities on this POS

It came from freaking canada. I'm so going to be screwed.

silenkiller
12-05-2008, 06:48 AM
Originally Posted by dagers
Hey man

Ok cool I had the amp for about 4months but all its been doing is sitting in my closet in the box wraped. when i first got it I just wanted to make sure it works and just powered it with buddys mtx sub.
plan was to buy a type X and dump some good money into a custom box but i never got around to it, dont even have a sub and now i need money more then anything so ill never get tocomplete the system so amp is for sale

jmlambros@hotmail.com is my PP

you can send away its all ours just take care of it I paid almost double for it when i bought it 4months ago.

DBDRAGGUY
12-05-2008, 06:51 AM

I would still contact the authorities in his area, if you can make enough noise to get them to pay him a visit it may deter him from scamming anyone else.

If it were me I might plan a little vacation to Canada in the near future.

LazyRider
12-05-2008, 06:52 AM
Darn that really ***** man. I hope you get your money back some how.

sexiewasd
12-05-2008, 06:54 AM

Where in Canada did it come from?

silenkiller
12-05-2008, 06:57 AM
It say's ottwa on it. grr I'm so jacked right now.

silenkiller
12-05-2008, 07:18 AM
So I called paypal. They told me to take a hike (basically). How is this so easy? Like, how can someone just do this and get away with it so easily. Hell I should just go and start doing this then if its that easy (not really, but im just frustrated)

I'm going to go to my bank and see what they can do. Hopefully they can reverse the charge. I don't care if I can't ever use paypal again. Screw them.

natisfynest
12-05-2008, 08:33 AM
mane did you file a dispute thru paypal. one time i bought a flip out from a guy that said it was new and he sent me some old pos. so i disputed it and paypal refunded me and told me to keep the flip out because the guy never replied

01 S 10
12-05-2008, 08:40 AM
atleast you can practice safe ***, cause a kid will cost a lot more than $375 to raise. lol j/k

thats fcked up, did he have a forsale thread? contact the Canadian 5 - 0 for sure

CRXBMPN
12-05-2008, 08:44 AM
**** thats weak :(
good luck with everything.

jluv
12-05-2008, 08:51 AM
Dang! That *****! I saw him posting that for sale and even sent him a PM a couple of days ago. I have been burned buying stuff online before (from an actual store) and this deal seemed way too good to be true, so I was hesitant to jump on it. It also seemed too good to pass up, so I was still considering it. I never got a reply. That is really messed up, and especially right before Christmas.

Good luck. I would keep bugging paypal and definitely see if your bank can help you.

Hopefully that guy will die soon. That goes for all thieves.

NightDrifter05
12-05-2008, 08:52 AM
You won't get anything from PayPal unless you're extremely lucky. The only time you would ever win a dispute with paypal outside of ebay is if he has mutliple reports of scamming or if he can't show a legit tracking number. This is why I refuse to use paypal unless it's from someone I know personally or have had good previous transactions with. I normally get a postal money order and use the flate rate over night shipping.

craigzter
12-05-2008, 08:54 AM
:laugh:thats actually kinda funny, but that ***** tho man:crap: good luck with it and hope u get ur money back or something.

snoopdan
12-05-2008, 08:57 AM
Id request a mod IP ban him if I were you.

silenkiller
12-05-2008, 09:03 AM
Id request a mod IP ban him if I were you.

Yeah. Thats a good idea. I'm heading to the bank soon to see what they can do.

jluv
12-05-2008, 09:42 AM
I normally get a postal money order and use the flate rate over night shipping.

Does this protect the byer in some way?

I would do more buying online if there were a safe way.

silenkiller
12-05-2008, 10:32 AM
Well - bank laughed at me. Paypal did as well. Guess I'm out of 375.00. Lesson learned. Kinda expensive one though. Oh well.

rc10mike
12-05-2008, 10:42 AM
Wow, I remember that, I thought about buying it too!

silenkiller
12-05-2008, 12:06 PM
Yeah. I smelled scam all over it too. Always go with ur gut man. Always.

DUMPED
12-05-2008, 12:16 PM
what a muther****er..
sorry to hear..

na_rsx
12-05-2008, 12:20 PM
simple, contact your bank or cc company and get a charge back, he is going to get screwed not you. paypal does not accept any responsibility, thats why never contact them.

dont wait for the buyer to come in and buy time. do it now and get your money back. if paypal screws you over, screw them over because a charge back with paypal, they will take the money after the other guy. whether he has it in his account or not.

silenkiller
12-05-2008, 01:46 PM
simple, contact your bank or cc company and get a charge back, he is going to get screwed not you. paypal does not accept any responsibility, thats why never contact them.

dont wait for the buyer to come in and buy time. do it now and get your money back. if paypal screws you over, screw them over because a charge back with paypal, they will take the money after the other guy. whether he has it in his account or not.

Yeah I tried that. They wont do it, the bank says it has nothing to do with them, only paypal. I used a direct debit of my checking thru paypal. Should have used a credit-card. Doh.

mazzasec
12-05-2008, 01:50 PM
Thats a first. Usually scammers just decide not to ship. Suprised he actually took the time the pack up a condom and ship it.

djman37
12-05-2008, 04:23 PM
Thats a first. Usually scammers just decide not to ship. Suprised he actually took the time the pack up a condom and ship it.

he knew that if he showed a tracking number to the address in the agreement, he'd be covered.
Paypal is for the SELLER guys. The safest BUYER transaction is to use a real Credit Card, those charges can be reversed.

bigbangtheory
12-06-2008, 11:37 AM
And another reason why I can't fawking stand Paypal.

Sorry about your luck, but happens way to often on this site.

Did this guy have a lot of feedback or refs here? Have to check the guy you are buying off of big time before going with an expensive purchase off here.

Team Nemesis-DJ
12-06-2008, 11:48 AM
Thaty ***** .....the very reason why i dont have paypal ....

jiggy2dmax
12-06-2008, 11:57 AM
It might have been better if you filed a item not described claim, even if he doesn;t have the money. Paypal will leave his acct in a negative and send collections after him after a while, not that its much help or recourse to you as of now but its a good way to kill his credit and make him jump through some hoops if he ever treis to buy anything.

Always pay with a CC, only semi safe way to shop online.

Louisiana_CRX
12-06-2008, 12:08 PM
Here is a link to the thread in question....

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=365182&highlight=dagers

silenkiller
12-06-2008, 12:10 PM
Yeah. He played it well.

Louisiana_CRX
12-06-2008, 12:13 PM

sorry that was the wrong one here is correct link....

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=365712

silenkiller
12-06-2008, 12:15 PM
I got paypal to give me the address of their legal department. They said I have to have the police contact paypal thru that address to obtain the users private information. Which, I'm sure is bogus anyway.

fwb_1234
12-06-2008, 12:15 PM
fingerprints on the condom?

Louisiana_CRX
12-06-2008, 12:18 PM

if it had been a used condom ...might could've collected DNA :crap:

silenkiller
12-06-2008, 12:20 PM

I really doubt the cops would even begin to go that far over 370 bucks.

TurdFergueson2
12-06-2008, 12:23 PM

looking at that, I would have never bought from him.

Kinda like that DAATH(Krunchy) kid selling the DLS A1 amp.

funkyab
12-06-2008, 12:27 PM
isnt the users information in the transaction details?

Louisiana_CRX
12-06-2008, 12:29 PM

yeah that one seemed like a scam to me as well......

Louisiana_CRX
12-06-2008, 12:31 PM
isnt the users information in the transaction details?

not sure if it is when your being paid...you get only the persons info you are shipping too....the guys former post may can be checked if he ever bought anything from another member on here...that member might can give out the information ...for the op....

MmatsDude
12-06-2008, 12:33 PM
You could get everything you need with his I.P .. and call the local authorithys by his area dont let this shi't slide

silenkiller
12-06-2008, 12:36 PM
But I'll need some kind of admin to give me his IP

starboy869
12-06-2008, 12:39 PM
HI,

I'm semi-local what's his ottawa address?

BTW

http://www.ottawapolice.ca/en/

RAM_Designs
12-06-2008, 12:49 PM
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=365712

I wouldn't have even thought twice about buying that amp...less than 100 posts and no references? Big risk you took...

CantGetEnufBASS
12-06-2008, 01:38 PM
if it had been a used condom ...might could've collected DNA :crap:

lol, a used condom would of really been a knee slapper...

and why a condom? I guess its some twisted symbolism for getting "fawked" over?

1phatclipse
12-06-2008, 02:30 PM
man i wished people on here would learn.....never EVER send someone money that doesnt have good refs!!!! search thier name on here before you send money even if they got refs!!! and if they got no refs insist they ship first to someone who has refs even if it costs you some extra on the shipping.......anyway i got a JL 1000/1 i will sell for 420 shipped good cosmetic cond. and powers up but no sound, i was quoted about 100 to fix it, you give me 420 and ill ship it to repair shop and pay them and they ship it to whoever buys it from me

CantGetEnufBASS
12-06-2008, 02:32 PM
Lol You Pick This Of All Places To try to Sell A Jl 1000... Lmfao Your Something Else Man

duece212
12-06-2008, 02:37 PM
That amp, for 375 shipped from canada, new member, refs not listed, wouldn't give another member a phone number when requested.....just a few signs of a scam. Sorry but if you didn't see this one coming you have nobody to blame but yourself.

Did you get a phone number or any contact info from the guy before the purchase?

1phatclipse
12-06-2008, 02:55 PM
Lol You Pick This Of All Places To try to Sell A Jl 1000... Lmfao Your Something Else Man

lol trying to profit on misery

NinjaX
12-08-2008, 02:16 AM
What a douche

snb778
12-08-2008, 02:30 AM
So I called paypal. They told me to take a hike (basically). How is this so easy? Like, how can someone just do this and get away with it so easily. Hell I should just go and start doing this then if its that easy (not really, but im just frustrated)

I'm going to go to my bank and see what they can do. Hopefully they can reverse the charge. I don't care if I can't ever use paypal again. Screw them.

I got scammed because the person I was doin an exchange with did a "reversal" on payment after he recieved the subs (bout a week after he payed me!!)..

I then saw my account about 4 months later (next time I used paypal) and I have a -200 balance!!!

So I called paypal, talked to them, and said "can people legally do this!!?? what if this was like a car or something worth like 10K!!?" She replied, "well, people don't really do that but, yea"!!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldnt focking believe that sh1it!! Paypal has tons of loopholes... be weiry!

endofdays89
12-08-2008, 02:50 AM
I got scammed because the person I was doin an exchange with did a "reversal" on payment after he recieved the subs (bout a week after he payed me!!)..

I then saw my account about 4 months later (next time I used paypal) and I have a -200 balance!!!

So I called paypal, talked to them, and said "can people legally do this!!?? what if this was like a car or something worth like 10K!!?" She replied, "well, people don't really do that but, yea"!!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldnt focking believe that sh1it!! Paypal has tons of loopholes... be weiry!

i thought paypal was 100% secure

smiley2186
12-08-2008, 03:22 AM
i hand a feeling this guy was gonna do something like that.. i pm him before about it when he wanted 400. he was talking nonsense...so i just passed on the deal.

why are there so many peeps trying to scam others....get a life..

silenkiller
12-08-2008, 03:24 AM
i thought paypal was 100% secure

No, it isn't. But, they have given my local police department his contact information, so he'll be hearing from me soon.

norcrawler
12-08-2008, 03:39 AM
man.. i would not *** around AT ALL with that. i would do all i can to get his address.
and take a trip to canada or wherever the **** he lived and straight up *** him up.
im talking chop a mother ****** fingers off and bashing all teeth out at the least. im not kiding at all. i wouldnt care if it took a grand to get there.
man that **** ****in pisses me off.(and ive never even got scammed before)

silenkiller
12-08-2008, 07:59 AM
Here is the ongoing saga. It looks like the guy is getting pissed or worried now hah. He even has the gull to try and say I scammed him LOL what a tard.

James Palanza <palanza@gmail.com> Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 6:00 PM
To: Jonathan Lambros <jmlambros@hotmail.com>
Well it says its delivered. I'll be picking it up today. I'll let ya know!
[Quoted text hidden]

James Palanza <palanza@gmail.com> Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 6:31 AM
Real cute. I'll be going through paypal to get my money back now, scammer.
[Quoted text hidden]

Jonathan Lambros <jmlambros@hotmail.com> Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 1:30 AM
To: palanza@gmail.com
Yo dawg whha happen I just came back from Cuba
why u callin me a scammer dawg ?

i see u opened a despute and paypal chose me over you ? ****** luck dawg ****** luck but y u tryin to *** me over i shipped u the amp.

Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 06:31:39 -0500
[Quoted text hidden]
James Palanza <palanza@gmail.com> Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 3:21 AM
Actually, "dawg", after I called paypal back, they have given me their legal department address. Which, my local police department has contacted and been given all your information.

You'll be hearing from me soon.
[Quoted text hidden]

Jonathan Lambros <jmlambros@hotmail.com> Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 4:05 AM
really id love to hear from them and tell them how u scammed me out of an amp and trying to get yo money back from paypal.
you know just like how that guy said int he thread about doing chargebacks and screw the seller.. thats what you are doing and tahts exacly wat im going to say
you replaced my amp with some condoms ? to try and make me look bad

we;ll see whos the clown

Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 02:21:29 -0600
[Quoted text hidden]
Jonathan Lambros <jmlambros@hotmail.com> Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 4:09 AM
oh and whats my info exactly ? am i from ottawa or maybe toronto ? or hey am i even from Canada ? maybe i went across the border and opened a bank shiiit son? what my info ?

hmm but i have yo info tho i guess i should report u on my end as a thief that stole my amp.. y the **** would i sell a 850$ amp for 400? u still owe me 400$ u were supose to send me the rest ones you get my amp now ur ****ing me over
im gonna report you to the FBI u owe me 400$ and i want it by end of the week.

Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 02:21:29 -0600
[Quoted text hidden]
James Palanza <palanza@gmail.com> Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 7:51 AM
Awe, is someone mad that their paypal account is frozen? So sad.
[Quoted text hidden]

Bake
12-08-2008, 08:13 AM
It will be easy enough to prove if if the box contained an amp or condoms. All you need is the shipping weight of the package. Good luck dude.

PsychoTheRapist
12-08-2008, 08:33 AM
It will be easy enough to prove if if the box contained an amp or comdoms. All you nee is the shipping weight of the package. Good luck dude.

Plus you can use the for sale thread as evidence. Proof that you don't owe him any extra money. Best of luck.

headbussaboi
12-09-2008, 12:05 AM
man.. i would not *** around AT ALL with that. i would do all i can to get his address.
and take a trip to canada or wherever the **** he lived and straight up *** him up.
im talking chop a mother ****** fingers off and bashing all teeth out at the least. im not kiding at all. i wouldnt care if it took a grand to get there.
man that **** ****in pisses me off.(and ive never even got scammed before)

OK:rolleyes:.

LazyRider
12-09-2008, 06:44 AM
It will be easy enough to prove if if the box contained an amp or condoms. All you need is the shipping weight of the package. Good luck dude.

Yea this is the best thing to do.

DAATH
12-09-2008, 01:37 PM

your a fvcking idiot... a scammer wouldn't put an auction on ebay. i might be a **** but i don't rip people off. unlike you, i have money.... no need to rip people off

DAATH
12-09-2008, 01:42 PM
i wanna se pics of the condom when the box was freshly opene. you did get pics right?

dman4486
12-09-2008, 01:51 PM
the seller not giving out his phone number would have told me it was a scam.

GAM3OVR
12-09-2008, 01:58 PM

I knew he was sktech, when I was pming him, he said he'll do it for $300 if I just shipped him cash in an envelope. That's when the red light came on in my head.

Originally Posted by dagers
Hey man

Ok cool I had the amp for about 4months but all its been doing is sitting in my closet in the box wraped. when i first got it I just wanted to make sure it works and just powered it with buddys mtx sub.
plan was to buy a type X and dump some good money into a custom box but i never got around to it, dont even have a sub and now i need money more then anything so ill never get tocomplete the system so amp is for sale

jmlambros@hotmail.com is my PP

you can send away its all ours just take care of it I paid almost double for it when i bought it 4months ago.

When you call paypal, don't flip *** on them, talk casual, and let them know whats up, don't panic and yell etc. but be firm about how ****ed you have just been.

forbidden
12-09-2008, 04:46 PM
Definitely get his IP and forward it to me or have the mod forward it to me so that I can turn around and have his IP flagged on the CDN sites as well.

sexiewasd
12-09-2008, 09:27 PM
the seller not giving out his phone number would have told me it was a scam.

I won't give my phone number. It doesn't mean I'm a scammer. It means I don't give my number out to random people on a forum.

CantGetEnufBASS
12-09-2008, 09:36 PM
I won't give my phone number. It doesn't mean I'm a scammer. It means I don't give my number out to random people on a forum.

nah your a scammer, watch out for this guy

dman4486
12-10-2008, 10:00 AM

then I wouldn't buy from you....if I can't get in touch with you verbally, then I will not trust you.

a phone number can be verification of the person and can be searched for personal information to eliminate scamming.