PDA

View Full Version : cavi components on coax?

hotown
07-25-2003, 09:56 AM
i just got a new cavi and i want to put speakers in the front...do i get a coax speaker to go in my door?(if so do i amp it?) or do i put components in? my other question is: what is the difference in sound with the two, is it noticeable? and would the mid for the components go right in the speaker slot on the door, and the tweeter just gets stuck in the door above it?
thnx ahead
-rhett

desi_daru
11-24-2003, 04:38 PM
yo i got a 98 cavi, jus put in some nice 5 1/4" alpine type r components with them 1" tweets (tweets placed just infront of the door handle, 5 1/4" i jus placed where the stock 4x6 speakers are), and i amped them, sounds much better when running off amp, 1 last thing i just looked up the kdc-519 kenwood deck you have, it says 1.8v preouts so i suggest gettin a deck with true 4v preouts, i had a rockford deck with like 2.3v preouts and now i got a deck with true 4v preouts and my sub sounds MUCH louder and way more cleaner (never had the speakers with the old deck so i used the sub as comparison cause it was hooked up to both deckes)

desi_daru
11-25-2003, 03:38 AM
oh ya and on the side note, DYNAMAT THE DOORS, i gotta do taht still, i figures hear without but man i need em them type rs hit and dont like the hollow doors