PDA

View Full Version : FOCAL K2P or MOREL DOTECH

wiles440
12-02-2008, 10:54 PM
Alot of people on here told me alot of diff. comps. to go with. Now its down to two comps. The Focal K2P or the Morel Dotech line. Both will be 6.5". So vote and which ever one has the most votes will be what I go with.

joshualittle
12-02-2008, 11:28 PM
I'm in the same boat ur in. I'd say go with the focal k2p. I know someone who can get u a great deal on them. Pm me if ur interested. I decided to go with 2 sets of hertz mlk 165's. I ordering them tomorrow actually.

bterz
12-02-2008, 11:49 PM
Well,... I havn't heard any Dotechs or K2p's, but I know i'm 100% pleased with my Morel product.well worth the money.

916Kev
12-03-2008, 12:22 AM
Never heard the dotechs but the K2P's get my vote.

AznrMix88
12-03-2008, 01:55 AM
I like a little bit from both...

The K2P = Very detailed, tweeter is a tad bright but with some good tuning this component set is hard to beat. The midbass response is very nice but lacks a tad in the low end.

The Dotech = More mellow, The tweeter doesn't stand out as much but sounds very natural. This set is easier to install because I think most people will like it without tweaking too much. The midbass gets very low if your door is prepped. Again, some people that listen to metal want that aggressive tweeter...

I'd take the Dotechs for a more natural sound and price break.

Shocks
12-03-2008, 03:52 AM
I'd go K2Ps awesome SQ for the money. Focal will be replacing the K2Ps with a new set KRX2 in January after CES. They're supposed to be better than the K2P, just a heads up.

biggen_bd
12-03-2008, 04:12 AM
Always been a fan of the focal k2p's very good sq and i feel they are plenty on the low end. I mean after all they are a comp. set and do much better than many other brands i can think of in that category.

-B

joshualittle
12-03-2008, 04:18 AM
Have u considerd the morel hybrid ovation, it's about the same price as the focal k2p's I believe

cbrei1023
12-03-2008, 09:07 AM
Ive heard the K2Ps at a tweeter. The sales guy took me to his car to hear them installed. They sounded incredible. Very loud. tight mid-bass, crisp sound. Unfortunately I have never heard any morel speakers. But if you can get a deal on the K2Ps you wont be disappointed.

SQChevy
12-03-2008, 11:32 AM
K2P's. I have loved my Focal Utopia's and now my Focal Be's. On my next daily driver I'm planning on a K2P or I guess a KRX2 setup.

khanhfat
12-03-2008, 03:58 PM
K2P's. I have loved my Focal Utopia's and now my Focal Be's. On my next daily driver I'm planning on a K2P or I guess a KRX2 setup.

so did u won USACI with K2p? :D

yeah Focal is pretty good and they're known for their home speakers.

If you likes alot of forward treble and acoustic from drums and guitar , go for it. I'd rather recommend to run active because their tweeter might get harsh if you run with the crossover :). The midbass is punchy as well :D

okiedokie
12-03-2008, 05:02 PM
the focal k2p will have a mids bass, brighter tweeter then the morel dotech line.
focal k2p are more in the same class as the morel hybrid ovations, which the morels to me sound more natural sounding

SQChevy
12-04-2008, 11:27 AM
Nope, I've won with the Utopia's and Be's. I hope to get back into it next year and see if I can hold my title as I've had to take the last two years off.

so did u won USACI with K2p? :D

yeah Focal is pretty good and they're known for their home speakers.

If you likes alot of forward treble and acoustic from drums and guitar , go for it. I'd rather recommend to run active because their tweeter might get harsh if you run with the crossover :). The midbass is punchy as well :D

Echo42987
12-05-2008, 07:28 PM
I like mine... :)

RAM_Designs
12-05-2008, 07:31 PM
I'd rather recommend to run active because their tweeter might get harsh if you run with the crossover :)

The crossover has attentuation buttons that can be used to cut the tweeter level by as much as 7db. I kept mine set at -4db, and loved my K2P's...wish I never sold them.

AznrMix88
12-06-2008, 01:37 AM
I'm upgrading to the Dotechs soon so I'll update you guys!

SQPL
02-16-2009, 10:32 PM
I'm upgrading to the Dotechs soon so I'll update you guys!

any update? have you installed the Dotechs? :)

SQChevy
02-17-2009, 11:09 AM
Deleted..

papermaker
02-18-2009, 10:30 PM
I like a little bit from both...

The K2P = Very detailed, tweeter is a tad bright but with some good tuning this component set is hard to beat. The midbass response is very nice but lacks a tad in the low end.

The Dotech = More mellow, The tweeter doesn't stand out as much but sounds very natural. This set is easier to install because I think most people will like it without tweaking too much. The midbass gets very low if your door is prepped. Again, some people that listen to metal want that aggressive tweeter...

I'd take the Dotechs for a more natural sound and price break.

agreeded.. i would suggest look into the CDT ES series as well.. you can get them fro chear than ethier and there everybit as good..