PDA

View Full Version : How hard to install

NY99EX
12-02-2008, 07:29 PM
Hi everyone, been looking at this combo alarm and was wondering how hard would it be to install on a 99 Honda Civic EX? I have never installed any alarm but have done headunits. Any recomendations are welcome.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=130270762714

bigaudiofanatic
12-02-2008, 07:49 PM
Don't go with that one it is a rip off IMO save your money and buy a nice Hornet or Viper alarm system.

NY99EX
12-02-2008, 08:46 PM
explain why its a rip off?

Innovative:Cory
12-02-2008, 08:48 PM
The MARS 22 is actually one of the best remote start units you can buy....
I've sold thousands of them and no issues as long as you use a tach wire....

the MARS 32 is a little bit different.... i dont like the combo unit...go with a dei unit for a combo piece...

NY99EX
12-02-2008, 08:57 PM
how hard will it be to install a combo on my 99 civic?

IDSkoT
12-02-2008, 08:58 PM
how hard will it be to install a combo on my 99 civic?

Depends... how well can you solder? Or do you have crimps?

It wasn't too hard for me. Just took time.

autosportsunltd
12-02-2008, 09:07 PM
the mars 22 was the first remote start i ever installed and i didnt have any problems at all. i just installed one of the new excalibar remote start alarm combos a couple of days ago and it was very nice. I install dei products every day and they are the best but omegas new products are pretty good also

NY99EX
12-02-2008, 09:10 PM
was going with T- taps

bigaudiofanatic
12-02-2008, 09:23 PM
The MARS 22 is actually one of the best remote start units you can buy....
I've sold thousands of them and no issues as long as you use a tach wire....

the MARS 32 is a little bit different.... i dont like the combo unit...go with a dei unit for a combo piece...

So hold on you are saying that this 60 dollar alarm is better than a viper or my hornet 564t alarm?

Fiercetimbo17
12-03-2008, 03:26 AM
was going with T- taps

You going to t tap a remote start?
Alarms only work correctly when correctly installed, your probably going to need to use a relay for ign 2, but other than that everything is pretty basic. But make sure you get a tach no voltage ****.

If you didnt understand everything i just said take it somewhere and have it done...

wccoug21
12-03-2008, 03:37 AM
yea i did mine w/ no exp.... it just takes time and you gotta be able to read directions.

12-03-2008, 12:47 PM
So hold on you are saying that this 60 dollar alarm is better than a viper or my hornet 564t alarm?

Wow you really didn't read anything I typed did you?!

For the cost of a MARS 22 plain remote start keyless entry...you can not beat them... I have been an installer for the last 12 years of my life... I have installed everything from DEI, OMEGA, CRIMESTOPPER, AUTOPAGE, ASTROFLEX, UNGO (PRE DEI), BLACKWIDOW, AUDIOVOX, ....you name it when it comes to remote start or alarms I have done them.....

The MARS 22 is great for the price of it....

The MARS 32 is NOT so great .... the combo piece always seems to do something funny! Most commonly they drop the antenna and have to be replaced... that is why for an ALARM & REMOTE START COMBO I SELL AND INSTALL DEI.....

For a plain Jane remote start, the MARS unit is fine... works like a champ and out of the past 2 remote start seasons I have had to send 3 back....compared to the 4 DEI units I have had to send back I think your argument is a little mute...

12-03-2008, 12:48 PM
was going with T- taps

DO NOT DO THIS!!!!!!!

Solder the only way to go with Remote start or alarms installs!

qkassidyw
12-03-2008, 12:59 PM
I do teach my newbs how to do alarms/RS on Civics but go with a viper/Clifford/Hornet system (lifetime warranty FTW).

If you were ever going to do anything correctly in your life (not saying you haven't) soldering a RS/Alarm would be that one thing. DO NOT use t-taps unless you don't want to RS your car after 8 hours of trying to install it.

I think you might need a bypass for that year as well. Do you have a fat key?

Go to BB or Car Toys (or local shop) and pay 400 for a RS Alarm Installed w/ bypass.

bigaudiofanatic
12-03-2008, 01:38 PM
I do teach my newbs how to do alarms/RS on Civics but go with a viper/Clifford/Hornet system (lifetime warranty FTW).

If you were ever going to do anything correctly in your life (not saying you haven't) soldering a RS/Alarm would be that one thing. DO NOT use t-taps unless you don't want to RS your car after 8 hours of trying to install it.

I think you might need a bypass for that year as well. Do you have a fat key?

Go to BB or Car Toys (or local shop) and pay 400 for a RS Alarm Installed w/ bypass.

I agree with you man