PDA

View Full Version : Help with tuning??

branham1127
12-02-2008, 06:04 PM
im building a box 4 a 12" icon under the back seat of my truck. i can get a box thats 2.0 ft after displacement 4 the sub. ive done a few boxes with slot ports but never aero ports so im not exactly sure where 2 go from here. i want 2 do external aero ports so i can tune this box 2 33hz... now my dumb question is:

i used this calculator:
http://www.psp-inc.com/psp-inc.com/cgi-bin/port_length_calculator.cgi

it says if i use 2 3" aero ports the length needs to be 15.3 inches.. is that each or a combined length?

SPLEclipse
12-02-2008, 06:35 PM
that is each. you'll notice that if you drop down to one port (decreasing the port area), the length will go down. more port area=longer length to achieve the same tuning.

and please, in the future, do not use "4" and "2" instead of "for" and "too/to" when asking a question involving numbers and calculations. k thnx. :cool:

branham1127
12-02-2008, 06:40 PM
that is each. you'll notice that if you drop down to one port (decreasing the port area), the length will go down. more port area=longer length to achieve the same tuning.

and please, in the future, do not use "4" and "2" instead of "for" and "too/to" when asking a question involving numbers and calculations. k thnx. :cool:

ok thanks, sorry about the numbers.. thats just how im used 2 typing.. ill make sure & watch that in the future ;)