PDA

View Full Version : have you ever read crutchfield reviews

Steveopevo
12-02-2008, 05:21 PM
Not that I'm an expert but I get a kick out of some of the reviews on crutchfield. I was reading one on a set of speakers that I know for a fact sound good and this kid went on an on about how bad they ****** and he couldn't understand why after he hooked them up to his factory stock radio and no amp that they didn't sound much better than the factory speakers. He was even more upset that they distorted at high volumes. what the f!@#

Johnny Law.Lulz
12-02-2008, 05:23 PM
thats like the guy for a crunch amp i believe on onlinecarstereo.com, he was amazed because the amp blew his soundstorm subs in 4 hours. i guess when you have $50 and 2 subs it makes sense that a decent amp will blow them. i lvoe reading reviews.

05fronty
12-02-2008, 05:24 PM
there was one on the type r talking about having it hooked up to a flux capacitor

loud-n-low
12-02-2008, 05:26 PM
I rarely see negative reviews on Crutchfield

Steveopevo
12-02-2008, 05:35 PM
infinty seems to get good reviews but I think it's because they are 2 ohms and if you're not going to run an amp they'll draw more power from your headunit.

MBrock4u
12-03-2008, 06:49 AM
From my experience, most reviews seem to be pretty good, but you will always have a few boneheads that either don't have a clue, or blow things way out of perportion. It's like the guy who installs a new amp and sub combo, and he says he will be handing out ear plugs and has to install new glass because it has been shattered. LOL I have bought stuff for Crutchfield and they have always been good to me.

tc300
12-03-2008, 06:52 AM
^^^^ yep, so very true.... everyone hears things different.

joshualittle
12-03-2008, 07:14 AM
I love to read review, I've actually submitted a couple to onlinecarstereo and one of them for diamond audio hex's got published.

B455JUNK13
12-03-2008, 09:03 AM
Only if people would put in the necessary info for their cars and what they have he would have been told or suggested to buy a Amp and /or a after market head unit.

Steveopevo
12-03-2008, 02:45 PM
Only if people would put in the necessary info for their cars and what they have he would have been told or suggested to buy a Amp and /or a after market head unit.

very rarley does anything sound good without amplification. A few years ago when I had my hyundai accent I bought a set of polk db650's and installed them off of a pioneer headunit and they didn't sound good until I bought an amp. So I agree with you that it should have been suggested. I learned from many of you guys by reading what you've told other people.

bigaudiofanatic
12-03-2008, 02:56 PM
I am a person with very sensitive hearing so bass does affect me more that others. Of cores I have sat in a booming car for a 3 hour ride before it gets very annoying. But anyway yes people do blow things out of proportion. As for there tech support you can not beat it PERIOD. I had a ground loop and they let me send back two different receivers until I got my alpine. They even sent me ground loop idolaters but never used them after i got my alpine. I will spend a little more and buy from there any day but I do sometimes shy away from them and go get it cheaper somewhere else.

Hoodlum007
12-03-2008, 03:39 PM
Not sure what sited i read it on but i remember one review that kid was so happy with his bass. he no longer honks the horn for his gf to come out of the house, he now just turns up the bass on his dual 10" jenson badbass box.

rc10mike
12-04-2008, 06:32 AM
An old but good review, #2 of 7:

http://www.carreview.com/cat/car-audio/subwoofers/audiobahn/PRD_112237_1808crx.aspx

nickpapa
12-04-2008, 01:09 PM
Not sure what sited i read it on but i remember one review that kid was so happy with his bass. he no longer honks the horn for his gf to come out of the house, he now just turns up the bass on his dual 10" jenson badbass box.

lol

jco1385
12-04-2008, 01:11 PM

cell phone FTW

sqhertz
12-04-2008, 01:45 PM
meh.
even their outlet section isnt all that great. i do get my headunits from them though. free install crap and shipping (most of the time) is worth it imo.
and from what i see , they have top notch CS.

Steveopevo
12-04-2008, 03:13 PM

oh come on!! jensen is top of the line :laugh: