PDA

View Full Version : Blue Jean Cable

joetama
12-02-2008, 03:06 AM
I ordered some new cables from and I am very pleased with their products.

I ordered 2 digital coax cables, 2 HDMI cables, and 6 pairs of locking banana plugs.

The coax cables are very nice quality, the connectors are fantastic and seat very tightly and the orange & purple look very nice. Good quality cables, and they were only $15.25. :woot:

The HDMI cables are also excellent quality and have very nice connectors on them. The cable isn't the most flexible compared to my older junko HDMI cables, but now all of my weird green misquito particles are completely gone. They are excellent cables.

The banana plugs are also excellent quality. Everything is gold plated, the set screws fit nicely and aren't cheaply made (like the PE ones). And for a bit over $5 per pair you can't beat them. I would put them up with the quality of WTB midline which are $24 each.

Shipping was fast, and the day after I placed my order. Overall I'm very happy with my purchase and would definatly do business with them again.

So, if you need cables I would look there for just about anything. If I hadn't purchased a 500' spool of Belden high quality interconnect wire I would have just purchased all my cables from them.

WildcatNate
12-02-2008, 02:30 PM
agreed, they are good. I always buy from them and monoprice.com. I've had better luck with my monoprice cables over time. I use quite a few HDMI and Toslink cables, they do the job.

I always laugh when I see people selling cables for $25 in the classifieds.

joetama
12-02-2008, 02:42 PM
agreed, they are good. I always buy from them and monoprice.com. I've had better luck with my monoprice cables over time. I use quite a few HDMI and Toslink cables, they do the job.

I always laugh when I see people selling cables for $25 in the classifieds.

I'm now laughing when I see people buying cables at Best Buy/Circuit City.

Scoobydoo
12-02-2008, 02:53 PM
I bought a few of THESE (http://www.cobaltcable.com/) cables years ago. They are excellent, well made and durable. I have since parted with my Nordost, Kimber and other cables, but have kept these

I also buy my cables at Monoprice now since I hear no noticeable difference and the price is right. The build quality on the Monoprice cables is also excellent for the price.

joetama
12-02-2008, 02:57 PM
I bought a few of THESE (http://www.cobaltcable.com/) cables years ago. They are excellent, well made and durable. I have since parted with my Nordost, Kimber and other cables, but have kept these

I also buy my cables at Monoprice now since I hear no noticeable difference and the price is right. The build quality on the Monoprice cables is also excellent for the price.

Very nice. If I was in the market for analog interconnects I would definitely look there.

Thanks for the link.

JimJ
12-02-2008, 08:17 PM
Blue Jeans makes some good stuff. Canare + Belden = good cable :)

bose301s
12-03-2008, 03:20 AM
Would you guys say Blue Jeans is better that Knukonceptz? It definitely looks like it is.

joetama
12-03-2008, 04:26 AM
I've never owned or used Knu so I can't say side by side. But, I don't think you can really beat BJC.

Flipx99
12-03-2008, 10:00 AM
The HDMI cables I bought from monoprice are not every flexible either. I think I could use them as a weapon if it came down to it.