PDA

View Full Version : Best 5 1/4 component for around $300?

318iSPOLKMoMo
07-24-2003, 10:04 PM
Im looking into buying a component set for my car, can anyone help me? Im pretty set on the Diamond Audio s500a/s... anyone got reviews?

EVOECLIPSE
07-25-2003, 10:22 AM
no i do not have a review... but if your looking to spend 300 dolls then you might want to look at some orion HCCA comps. i am not sure how much they are but i have head them and they are prolly the most bad *** thing i have heard... i haave comps on my other car... and i bought a set of audiobahn off of ebay and spent 70 dolls. and i was very much pleased with them... what ever kind of comps your looking for checked ebay for them... i live on ebay... you can prolly find them NIB for alot cheaper...

318iSPOLKMoMo
07-25-2003, 03:45 PM
eBaY is my second home... anything i get for my car is from ebay

marleyskater420
07-26-2003, 05:58 AM
alpine type r's sound nice.those are 160 @ http://www.cbrstereo.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=AS i have those right now and they sound really nice.i have them running off an eclipse ea3422 and it sounds really good.for 300 u could go w/ 2 sets...that would be cool,very cool

MikeofTulsa
07-26-2003, 06:52 PM
if ur wanting to spend that much u might as well go ahead and spend 50 more bucks and get the adire audio koda 6.1 componets....they are like 6.5" tho....

#1AlpineFan
07-27-2003, 01:02 AM
Vote for the diamonds. I have two sets of m551's in my car. I love them to death.

Ebay rules!

marleyskater420
07-27-2003, 02:12 AM
before u buy ur stuff check ur mounting depth.i was gonna go w/ 6.5's but couldnt cuz of depth so i glad i didnt order them.before u get ur stuff takeout ur current speakers and check the depth.that will limit you and guide you as to what you can purchase.

Bavarian3
07-27-2003, 05:15 AM
before u buy ur stuff check ur mounting depth.i was gonna go w/ 6.5's but couldnt cuz of depth so i glad i didnt order them.before u get ur stuff takeout ur current speakers and check the depth.that will limit you and guide you as to what you can purchase.

bimmers got plenty of room in the kick panels

And those diamonds i hear are awesome. Definetly cant go wrong

marleyskater420
07-27-2003, 10:54 PM
bimmers got plenty of room in the kick panels

And those diamonds i hear are awesome. Definetly cant go wrong

i have no clue bout bmw's so my bad

318iSPOLKMoMo
07-29-2003, 07:07 PM
Diamond Audio Hex series or Alpine SPX-137A?

MikeofTulsa
07-29-2003, 09:09 PM
havnt heartd the hex seires...have heard the alpines tho and i loved em

marleyskater420
07-30-2003, 12:28 AM
havnt heartd the hex seires...have heard the alpines tho and i loved em

its because you like to hear good speakers.

BonusBobo
07-30-2003, 05:10 PM
I second the alpines and the hex's. But to be honest, I think the diamond m6's, one level down from the hex's, are awesome components. if you have the treble turned down a little, amplify them, a high-quality deck, they can sound awesome. However, my friend has a sony deck and it makes his components sound really bad... I gotta be honest.

mattj
07-30-2003, 08:56 PM
Focal can be had for the 330 dollar price range. that would be one of my choices. that or rainbow.

Bavarian3
07-30-2003, 09:56 PM
Focal can be had for the 330 dollar price range. that would be one of my choices. that or rainbow.

Even cheaper, check ebay. i would go with the polykevlars they got em on ebay for like 200-something.

318iSPOLKMoMo
07-31-2003, 12:00 AM
i heard polykevlars blow real easily? Also, i like the Focal Utopias

mattj
07-31-2003, 09:26 AM
Focal utopias are a tad more higher than the 300 range.

:D

slick316
08-05-2003, 01:19 PM
i love my HEX components, the main reason i got them over the M6 components is because you can get the HEX's with aluminum or silk tweeters, and i wanted silk. but in my honest opinion, if you want aluminum tweeters, you should go for the M6 as they sound nearly the same as the HEX for less cost (this is my observation of course)

318iSPOLKMoMo
08-05-2003, 03:54 PM
is that what the e and s are all about?

marleyskater420
08-05-2003, 05:37 PM
i love my HEX components, the main reason i got them over the M6 components is because you can get the HEX's with aluminum or silk tweeters, and i wanted silk. but in my honest opinion, if you want aluminum tweeters, you should go for the M6 as they sound nearly the same as the HEX for less cost (this is my observation of course)

who makes the m6 components?have u heard the type r's?whats the diff between aluminum and silk?doesnt one get higher tones or something?i dunno..please explain.thanks

slick316
08-05-2003, 06:24 PM
who makes the m6 components?have u heard the type r's?whats the diff between aluminum and silk?doesnt one get higher tones or something?i dunno..please explain.thanks

M6's are made by Diamond Audio, they are the "mid grade" speakers, a step below the HEX's, a step above the M3's.
i never heard the Type-R's, so i can't say how they sound, but judging by the way i heard people talk about them, they are probably great speakers for the price.
aluminum tweeters are usually described as being harsh sounding but accurate sounding, while silk tweeters are more natural sounding and less harsh (not all cases, but in most). i've heard both the aluminum and silk HEX's, and one thing i noticed was that in the same application, the aluminum tweeters were louder than the silk also. i prefer silk in my car, but you may prefer aluminum, you will have to hear each to decide.

marleyskater420
08-05-2003, 06:33 PM
M6's are made by Diamond Audio, they are the "mid grade" speakers, a step below the HEX's, a step above the M3's.
i never heard the Type-R's, so i can't say how they sound, but judging by the way i heard people talk about them, they are probably great speakers for the price.
aluminum tweeters are usually described as being harsh sounding but accurate sounding, while silk tweeters are more natural sounding and less harsh (not all cases, but in most). i've heard both the aluminum and silk HEX's, and one thing i noticed was that in the same application, the aluminum tweeters were louder than the silk also. i prefer silk in my car, but you may prefer aluminum, you will have to hear each to decide.

i see...ill just have to listen to some silk and aluminum tweets for myself to get the real diff.thanks though.