PDA

View Full Version : is this ok to build?

russrocks
07-24-2003, 06:23 PM
for a RE SEXXX 15,
3.5 cubes tuned to 32hz
2 round 3" ports, 8.4 inches long
this is what came up with but in winISD, vent mach reads "qes/pe!" (written in red so that cant be good). what does that mean?
also, winISD recommends an optimum vented enclosure of ~18 cubes. Is 3.5 cubes going to be too small? I can spare up to 6 cubes.
Thanks!

mgaidica
07-24-2003, 06:53 PM
u should be in awsome shpae, should sound reeally good. As for the error, not sure, WINISD isnt great for everything, but will usually help out greatly with ports and such..

LuNaTiC
07-24-2003, 07:43 PM
that qes/pe thing means those two theile/small things are missing. I had a problem with that myself.

ss3079
07-24-2003, 08:37 PM
for a RE SEXXX 15,

also, winISD recommends an optimum vented enclosure of ~18 cubes. Is 3.5 cubes going to be too small? I can spare up to 6 cubes.

I think they recommend the enclosure with the flattest response ...

So for example, if you plugged L5/L7's in there, it'll come up with some ludacris number - but thats what will give you a flat response I guess.

You should be fine with the box you are planning.

Oh, and by the way, as soon as you put it in your car, the WinISD graphs mean ****.

- Steve

russrocks
07-24-2003, 09:19 PM
thanks for the replies!
one more question- I remember reading that the ports should be made a little longer than what winISD prescribes. Is that true?
I changed my plan, Im going to use 2, 2*3 ports using the top of the box as the top of the ports. Do I have to take end correction into account now?