PDA

View Full Version : Two simple Q's

GreenBook
11-30-2008, 10:55 PM
Is it bad to have too deep of a box? I'm considering having another go at it & try to build something bigger. I have plenty of trunk depth from seat to trunk latch but not nearly as much between the wheel wells. In order to get a decent sized box it'd have to be pretty rectangular.

Also, as a general rule of thumb; when you guys post box spec's on here are you guys talking before or after sub displacement?

IDSkoT
11-30-2008, 10:57 PM
Is it bad to have too deep of a box? I'm considering having another go at it & try to build something bigger. I have plenty of trunk depth from seat to trunk latch but not nearly as much between the wheel wells. In order to get a decent sized box it'd have to be pretty rectangular.

Also, as a general rule of thumb; when you guys post box spec's on here are you guys talking before or after sub displacement?

To question one:
Not particularly bad. But, if it's too big, the weight of the top could kind of sag down. So you might want to think of bracing it a bit. A simple dowel in the center should suffice.

As for question two:
Most of the time, it's net (After port / sub displacement.)

Twisted_0912
11-30-2008, 11:08 PM
To question one:
Not particularly bad. But, if it's too big, the weight of the top could kind of sag down. So you might want to think of bracing it a bit. A simple dowel in the center should suffice.

As for question two:
Most of the time, it's net (After port / sub displacement.)

truth

GreenBook
11-30-2008, 11:15 PM
Thanks for the really fast response. What if the box was built so the subs had individual chambers? I guess it really doesn't matter, but i'd just prefer to have them seperated.