PDA

View Full Version : Direction of box

Untouchable6588
11-30-2008, 04:58 PM
I am building my first PORTED box I currently have 2 12" RE SE that Im building to around 4 cubes@34hz.. My question is I have a small hatchback and I have always had my subs rear firing in a sealed enclosure, I was wondering If I could make the subs face me so the plastic on my hatch doesn't rattle as much(it does have dynamat extreme) you also only hear the little bit of rattling when the windows are up. This will effect how and where I mount my amps. Need advice soon thanks

RAM_Designs
11-30-2008, 05:00 PM
Subs up/port back is the fail-proof way to go. You can try other alignments to see what's actually best, but I'd bet my money that you'd get better results with subs up/port back.

DonH
11-30-2008, 05:14 PM
Subs up/port back is the fail-proof way to go. You can try other alignments to see what's actually best, but I'd bet my money that you'd get better results with subs up/port back.

x2! i heard the same setup your going to run box was 4.0 cubes but was tuned to 38hz and it slammed! go subs up port back!

josh_mp5
12-01-2008, 01:10 AM
I also have a hatchback and had both the subs and port facing the rear but i just got a xxx 12 and i am going to try the sub up port back this time. Is there a noticeable difference?