PDA

View Full Version : what cause screen to be wavy?

Skip2MyLude
07-24-2003, 01:16 AM
What causes the screen to have a wavy effect when on. Is it because of intereference, bad ground from the harness?

lizardskins7
07-24-2003, 04:55 AM
What kind of video source is it? If you're running a ps2 or something, then the power inverter can sometimes degrade the picture quality.

F150Matt
07-24-2003, 01:25 PM
I run an emerson 7'' in dash with the tv tuner box. I have a power inverter and PS2. When my bass is cranked wide open I can see some very small waves in the picture, it isn't bad but just a little bit, I think its from the vibrations on the video cable from the tuner box to the head unit itself. Just my thoughts though.

Skip2MyLude
07-24-2003, 03:34 PM
no source at all. Im just listening to the build in cd-player or listen to the radio with the screen user interface on. The screen tends to get wavy as if its getting interference betwwen the brain and the screen. I think i have bad ground so i'm going to check it out...

Radar
07-24-2003, 05:46 PM
not really realated to this but, i know when i have my cell phone on top of my monitor and somebody calls me my monitor goes crazy, electromagnetic interference maybe?

Skip2MyLude
08-22-2003, 06:34 PM
checked and reground wire, and still no luck??? :confused:

jer_stud56
08-22-2003, 10:26 PM
if from bass...it could be the monitor shaking up and down so fast than you cant even tell its moving, but you see it. if you go in my room, turn my sub on, put your head against the wall, the clock and tv both look like they're moving side to side and up and down from heavy bass notes. Try holdin it in place for a second, does it go away? if not, I'm not sure.

- pe@ce