PDA

View Full Version : Dad wants new speakers...

Justinw303
11-28-2008, 09:46 AM
My dad wants new speakers for his 2000 Silverado, wants me to pick them out and install them.

What's a good deal right now? I'm looking at a price range of between about $60 to $90, he really just needs something that will last and sound good, not amazing audiophile good, but good. I assume the factory speakers he has now are busted/wearing out.

I found some Alpine Type S for sale on crutchfield for $50 (http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500SPS17C2/Alpine-SPS-17C2.html)

I had Type S in my truck, never had a problem and loved them, and the car I have now has the same speakers my truck had (got the car from my brother, who coincidentally had the same kind installed).

So how about em? I also like a pair of Infinity Kappa 63.7i, they were on sale for about $70 ($130 off reg. price) but crutchfield says they won't fit. I assume it's because of the crossovers which have to be mounted, but I don't see that as something that can't be solved, even though I've never dealt with crossovers.

Thanks for any help guys

DBBOOM
11-28-2008, 09:53 AM
Either would be good, but try www.onlinecarstero.com , www.woofersetc.com. , www.caraudiodeals.com. You could save a lot of money over crutchfield.

Justinw303
11-28-2008, 10:21 AM
Yeah, but... They give you those nifty installation guides, and since I'm not a regular installer (I've only done 2 full installs, but they were well done) I would prefer the step by step on how to get the door panels off. That's my least favorite part of installs, dealing with panels. And crutchfield has cool warranties and such.

DBBOOM
11-28-2008, 10:24 AM
Tomato....................tomatoe

joshualittle
11-28-2008, 04:54 PM
I'd do the arc audio ks coaxils. They're like $80.

Horsemanwill
11-28-2008, 05:06 PM
if they fit and they are just to replace the stock and your dad isn't the type to go crazy on turning it up those should do fine.

joshualittle
11-28-2008, 05:36 PM
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=7325. Here's the arcs I recommended.