PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Chevy crew cab

capecodder
11-27-2008, 11:24 AM
New member here so hello to everyone.
I have a factory set-up in a chevy crew cab and want to improve it with just replacing the speakers for now. There is so much out there and is very confusing to tell what I am looking at being a complete novice.
The only place I have looked at for speakers has been Crutchfield but I have been buying home audio from them for twenty years.
What does everyone feel would be good choices for reasonable money for full range speakers for my truck? Might want to add a head unit and a sub at a later time but for now I just want to get rid of the horrible factory speakers that are in there.
Thanks in advance!!

WildSebring
11-27-2008, 11:30 AM
Any decent component set would sound nice...but not going to get full potential out of the stock headunit. :crap:

Whats your budget like ?

capecodder
11-27-2008, 11:38 AM
Not very high at this point with small kids in the house. They are like a vacuum to the wallet.

azimuth
11-27-2008, 11:41 AM
win an auction on ebay, and get an amp. i got an mtx 2002 for 16$, and it runs my components pretty well.

joshualittle
11-27-2008, 12:23 PM
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=6201. These are the speakers I would recommend if they're within your budget. They're a nice set of speakers.

Louisiana_CRX
11-27-2008, 12:31 PM
check on ebay for a set of Phoenix Gold RSD 6.5's they use to run $87 a pair shipped ...good componets for the money...if I remember right your model truck has the doors that are perfect for componets behind the mesh grill.....or that could be a little older chevy doors I'm thinking about :confused:

capecodder
11-27-2008, 05:49 PM
check on ebay for a set of Phoenix Gold RSD 6.5's they use to run $87 a pair shipped ...good componets for the money...if I remember right your model truck has the doors that are perfect for componets behind the mesh grill.....or that could be a little older chevy doors I'm thinking about :confused:

My doors have the mesh grille in them. are these the ones your talking about?

http://cgi.ebay.com/NIB-PHOENIX-GOLD-6-5-240w-COMPONENT-SPEAKERS-RSD65CS_W0QQitemZ220303158746QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCa r_Speakers?hash=item220303158746&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1234%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1308
I've never hooked anything like these up before. As I said before, I still have the stock head unit.

capecodder
11-29-2008, 09:18 AM
Well I talked with a tech guy at best buy and he said to make sure it isn't the head unit as delco units are know for faile channels. sure enough both rear channels ar dead now so it sounds like a complete overhaul.

dye4metal
11-29-2008, 12:18 PM
Well I talked with a tech guy at best buy and he said to make sure it isn't the head unit as delco units are know for faile channels. sure enough both rear channels ar dead now so it sounds like a complete overhaul.

im actually buying myself a 03 CCSB duramax also and ive already planned out my whole system already for it. anyways, i would recommend for you since the rear channels took a crap then to just swap the headunit out overall. it all depends on what your budget is, but i just installed one of these into a 08 f-150 and made a huge difference http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130P8000BT/Pioneer-FH-P8000BT.html?tp=5684 its 300 dollars right now and comes with everything you need to install it free and shippings free. there is a module you need though in all 03+ for the door chime, and if you have onstar i think theres something else. :verymad: other than that id recommend like a Alpine Type S component set in the front with the woofer and tweeter in the factory spot and put coaxial in the back. youll notice a huge improvement. just PM if you want any more ideas, like i said im buying one this week and im stoaked.