PDA

View Full Version : so few questions....

Jeremy M
11-27-2008, 12:07 AM
after reading alot of stuff on fiberglassing i have a few questions i'm still alittle hazey on.

1. after masking of area, and prepping with PAM spray or some other "release agent" do i, put a layer of resin down with chop mat

or

2. put a layer of resin down and let dry and then add more layers...letting dry again then removing the mold from the car and doing the mat?

headbussaboi
11-27-2008, 12:38 AM
Just make sure you tape off the area very well. Using the blue tape will make the mold much easier to release. I didn't use any releasing agent or blue tape when doing mine. I just used masking tape and taped 2 layers but in the end, the tape did pull off(when pulling out the mold) with the mold but none of it actually got onto the carpet in the trunk. Don't worry about it. I know how you feel. I was just as paranoid when doing my first fiberglass boxes too. It's easier to paste resin on first, then put the mat chunks in place, then more resin and repeat til you get to the desired thickness. Keep in mind, this is 1 layer at a time so if you want to complete this fast, you need to add more hardener and heat, but by doing so, your resin will not have much time til it hardens so you gots to be quick!

Jeremy M
11-27-2008, 08:17 AM
ok thanks.