PDA

View Full Version : premier 780mp whine (not alt...)

outspoken
11-26-2008, 01:49 AM
i am hearing a high pitch whine when the key is in acc or when the car is running but not one turn before acc), it's not the standard alt whine, i'll fix that. the red acc wire was pulled out a little but still connected to the black plastic fuse holder between the harness and the end of it... i'm thinking maybe that was it but curious if anyone else had a similar problem and how you fixed it...

outspoken
11-26-2008, 02:51 AM
n e 1?

NeedDirections
11-26-2008, 02:54 AM
same HU...try re grounding your rca's. Search pioneer engine noise. It *****, buy a new HU.

outspoken
11-26-2008, 02:55 AM
i did read around, another guy had a similar problem but didn't write how he fixed it:crap: i'm hoping a new harness will fix it. i know i can fix the alt whine though...

texicanz
11-26-2008, 03:22 AM
i dont think a harness will fix it the newer pioneer deck have bad rca jack outputs and the pico fuses blow out easy on pioneer decks and i had the same deck and i got tired of these problem from pioneer so i turn to a different brand of a head unit but here is a link thats shows how to ground the rca jacks http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=337644&highlight=ENGINE+NOISE