PDA

View Full Version : BTL(big or small box)

jdmferio13
11-25-2008, 05:44 PM
what would be the difference of the two.I have a 15" btl am running 3krms .i have room for both just wondering would it move more air in a smaller box or bigger box.and which would be different single or dual ported box.thanks for your help

Rashaddd
11-25-2008, 05:48 PM
If this is for daily, go with a medium sized box (around what they recommend and what fits well for you) with a big port to maximize output/air movement

ssackett
11-25-2008, 05:51 PM
Run it in a box about 3.5 cubes with 2 4" or 1 6" aero tuned to about 32-34hz and you will be happy. I think that would be a nice daily box. I had my 15" BTL in a 4ft3 box with 3 4" aero's tuned to about 36hz. I liked it and it did what I was looking. But for daily i would tune lower and use 2 4" aero's( i assume you are thinking of using 4" aeros or do you mean to sloted ports?)

IDSkoT
11-25-2008, 05:56 PM
Run it in a box about 3.5 cubes with 2 4" or 1 6" aero tuned to about 32-34hz and you will be happy. I think that would be a nice daily box. I had my 15" BTL in a 4ft3 box with 3 4" aero's tuned to about 36hz. I liked it and it did what I was looking. But for daily i would tune lower and use 2 4" aero's( i assume you are thinking of using 4" aeros or do you mean to sloted ports?)

1 6" > 2 4", the cross sectional area with one six is 28.26 inches^2 while the 2 4"s is 25.12 inches^2.

jdmferio13
11-25-2008, 06:26 PM
actually i was thinking of doing aero ports i wanted to try them.the reason i was asking is ive heard with a smaller box with big port you can throw alot of power then if it were a bigger box.i want it to move some air.i am running a 5 cubed box now with dual ports tuned at 35 hz.it gets loud but doesnt really move that much air i have a video her it is.also the amp in here is a ssl 4000.1nothing special but it doesnt have any sunbsonic filter so that why the speaker moves alot.i have a crunch 3000d-pro on it now.and am waiting on my 300 amp ho alt in the mail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU3nZ-l4vxg

jdmferio13
11-25-2008, 06:28 PM

dont worry i am still gonna pick up your recones as well probably thursday-friday this week.i am gonna wait on the other btl next year and run both in trunk sealed off from trunk facing in cabin should get get loud i think:D

Rashaddd
11-25-2008, 06:42 PM
Well idk what kinda air movement you're expecting but, how much port area does that box have? Looks pretty good already

ssackett
11-25-2008, 06:45 PM
dont worry i am still gonna pick up your recones as well probably thursday-friday this week.i am gonna wait on the other btl next year and run both in trunk sealed off from trunk facing in cabin should get get loud i think:D

Nice! They are boxed up and ready to ship :veryhapp:

jdmferio13
11-25-2008, 10:46 PM
its about 80 port now.but being a smaller box it can handle more power right.i would love to try aero ports where can you get the carbon fiber precision ports.rashadd if you want to design a box for me i will pay you kind of want to build it myself

Rashaddd
11-26-2008, 02:12 AM
send me a pm with max dimensions

also, you're saying you want to give it more power? is it anywhere near its mechanical limits right now? I hope you know what you're doing with that kinda power and adding more, and get a subsonic filter

jdmferio13
11-26-2008, 01:53 PM
no not exactly.i thought being a smaller box(3.5) compared to a bigger box(5.0)it will sound louder.and is possible to take more power not give it.kind of like an spl boxwouldnt a small box with big port move some air more then a big box with ok ports.Is there a way you could do the aeros to where i can cap one for different tuning.

jdmferio13
11-26-2008, 01:55 PM
send me a pm with max dimensions

also, you're saying you want to give it more power? is it anywhere near its mechanical limits right now? I hope you know what you're doing with that kinda power and adding more, and get a subsonic filter

i have an ss ithats why i said in the post about the video that the ssl amp didnt have one i changed amps and have one now

Rashaddd
11-26-2008, 04:02 PM
i have an ss ithats why i said in the post about the video that the ssl amp didnt have one i changed amps and have one now

Got it, shoot me a pm if you still want me to design it for you