PDA

View Full Version : rear fill

jdmferio13
11-24-2008, 07:18 PM
what is rear fill mean.i see alot of guys talking about it on here.i am upgrading all my interior speakers in my sedan.just wondering what all do i need.comps and coax.amps how many and what else.sorry new with this stuff

endofdays89
11-24-2008, 07:19 PM
rear fill = rear speakers

eharri3
11-24-2008, 07:36 PM
Something I wish I would have done. Add up all the money you plan to spend both in front and in rear. Instead, just spend it up front, keep rear stock and run off the head unit. Ride around with it like that for awhile before you decide what more you want to do. The 100 dollars I spent on my rear speakers could have made a MUCH better difference had it been put into the front stage.

jdmferio13
11-25-2008, 12:25 AM
so your saying get some good quality ones up front run them with an amp and get some alright ones because mine are stock and they **** and then run them from the cd player

bureau13
11-25-2008, 01:57 PM
I would say if you're going to do this, just don't run your rear speakers at all, unless they're a lot better quality than mine were. The rear speakers are usually bigger and bassier than the fronts, and really tend to muddy up the sound.

I do completely agree that if you're on a budget, put all that money in the fronts first, and worry about the rears later....I just wouldn't run the stock rears at all IMO.

jds

Something I wish I would have done. Add up all the money you plan to spend both in front and in rear. Instead, just spend it up front, keep rear stock and run off the head unit. Ride around with it like that for awhile before you decide what more you want to do. The 100 dollars I spent on my rear speakers could have made a MUCH better difference had it been put into the front stage.

dman4486
11-25-2008, 01:59 PM
I run stocks on hu power in the back.....and fade them in only when I have passengers.