PDA

View Full Version : Alpine Imprint// w505

allstarfb7
11-24-2008, 04:07 PM
so i have previously owned an alpine w505 and love the setup, but my old one got stolen about 3 weeks ago so im upgrading my system, im pretty deadset on getting the w505 again, im going to be running a Digital Designs 9515, with possibly 2000w idk what amp yet. but i just wanna know what everyone thinks of the Audio Imprint module from Alpine (especially those who have used it or heard it). is it worth the money? how easy is it to use? and does it truly make a big difference in the quality of the music? thank you

jluv
11-25-2008, 10:56 AM
I use the 701 instead, so I don't have first hand experience with Imprint. But I know a couple of people who use the Imprint with the 505 and they love it.

allstarfb7
11-28-2008, 03:04 AM
cmon guys 82 views and 1 reply!?

efm80
11-28-2008, 04:40 PM
anybody please?? I am curious too. was thinking of the same combo

allstarfb7
12-01-2008, 04:32 PM
hey guys so i just purchased the alpine iva-w505 headunit and installed it myself but ive noticed a few problems and was wondering if anyone could help me fix them or atleast direct me in the right direction. so 1. i cant view any dvds it plays them as a track like i can hear the dvd playing but i cant see it it just reads it as a track (it does this for dvd's and off of ipod) 2. there is no general setup option, only audio setup so i cant change the time or anything. 3. the headunit fits slush and perfect in my dash but when i try to open it, it gets caught on the bracket. can any1 help me with these problems??? thank you

noggy
12-04-2008, 02:33 AM
hey guys so i just purchased the alpine iva-w505 headunit and installed it myself but ive noticed a few problems and was wondering if anyone could help me fix them or atleast direct me in the right direction. so 1. i cant view any dvds it plays them as a track like i can hear the dvd playing but i cant see it it just reads it as a track (it does this for dvd's and off of ipod) 2. there is no general setup option, only audio setup so i cant change the time or anything. 3. the headunit fits slush and perfect in my dash but when i try to open it, it gets caught on the bracket. can any1 help me with these problems??? thank you

1. When I got mine installed at the auto shop, they installed a switch that would turn on the movie feature. I would have to press on the break, flip the switch ON, and then the video would play. However, I have had trouble trying to play podcasts from my ipod classic.

2. First off, is the car that the w505 installed in automatic or manual? In the owner's manual, it says that in order access the general setup option, you have to put your car in PARK, but because I drive manual, I'm assuming that's the reason it doesn't show a general setup option (because there is no parking gear for manual vehicles).

3. Sorry, can't help ya there. =T