PDA

View Full Version : Aero port placement...

tyler_fitz
11-24-2008, 12:05 PM
I'm building a wedge style box, basically the same as pictured below. Should i place the aero port where the red circle is or the blue circle... or somewhere in between? The PSP site says the farther from the walls of the box the better, but how close to the sub should it be, or does it make a difference...

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd255/papageorgio007/portplace.jpg

roarzorz
11-24-2008, 12:18 PM
For spl purposes the farther away from mic placement the better so I would put it on the driver's side. You should try to stay at least the port size away from any walls though cause it can screw with your tuning and possibly the airflow.

skmfkr
11-24-2008, 12:55 PM
yeh ive always heard the further away from the passenger side where the mic is placed also. ive got my port facing up on my driver side in my hatchback. but its a slot port and using the box side as a port wall

tyler_fitz
11-24-2008, 03:47 PM
its not really for spl purposes, its a daily driver, i just want it to sound as good as possible without sacrificing spl and vice versa. what if i shortened the box and had it coming out the side... like if i were to have that box chopped in half and had the port coming out the side pointing towards the drivers side...

tyler_fitz
11-24-2008, 05:22 PM
something like this:

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd255/papageorgio007/Untitled-2copy.jpg

would that provide any advantage over the design in the first picture?

hatemonger
11-24-2008, 06:03 PM
point it up, unless by some leap of physics, you can point it forward. put it on the passenger side if you don't care about the meter.

IDSkoT
11-24-2008, 06:05 PM
point it up, unless by some leap of physics, you can point it forward. put it on the passenger side if you don't care about the meter.

This.

Of course, I'm gunna say "try all of them" and see what you like. But, that's up to you.
However, if you don't care about the meter, aim the port toward the passenger side. It will make the driver's side a lot more pressurized (AKA make it sound louder) or you can point it up. Based on the driver, I'd either do 1 or 2, I'd aim for 2 due to aesthetics.

KDC: do you have the original img of that 'resistance is futile' picture in your sig? I can't find it.

hatemonger
11-24-2008, 06:10 PM
This.

Of course, I'm gunna say "try all of them" and see what you like. But, that's up to you.
However, if you don't care about the meter, aim the port toward the passenger side. It will make the driver's side a lot more pressurized (AKA make it sound louder) or you can point it up. Based on the driver, I'd either do 1 or 2, I'd aim for 2 due to aesthetics.

KDC: do you have the original img of that 'resistance is futile' picture in your sig? I can't find it.

i have it. don't remember where i got it, but i have it.

IDSkoT
11-24-2008, 06:39 PM
i have it. don't remember where i got it, but i have it.

Find it, and PM it to me. :D

hatemonger
11-24-2008, 06:41 PM
Find it, and PM it to me. :D

10-4