PDA

View Full Version : 400 watts rms to power 6.5" components

kingfish405
11-24-2008, 10:09 AM
The amp i have for my front stage is an orion 8004. either 100x2 and not use the other 2 channels, or 400x2.

I already have the CDT eurosport 63i on my other car. i want to try something different for my 2nd car. i have a dinan exhaust so a more powerful set is preferred. i still favor sq. the cdts sound really detailed and have very strong midbass, specially after a month of use.

morel, herts, imagedynamics, dls, rainbow.. which one and what particular model?

im planning to spend ~$300ish. a $600 set might not work since the car is not really sq friendly due to the sport exhaust.

thanks!

mlstrass
11-24-2008, 10:11 AM
personally I would go out and demo some sets and see what you like...

kingfish405
11-24-2008, 10:14 AM
^ hard to demo. not really circuit city models here :)

i bought the CDTs just by ca.com opinions and it worked out really well for me

Etac
11-25-2008, 02:27 AM
its gonna be hard to find a comp set that can handle 400 *real* watts in an IB setup... or you're options are going to be limited at least.. you're best bet would probaly be doubling up on drivers if possible

once you start getting around 250+ mechanical limits usually get the way... (in an ib setup) granted im sure there are exceptions but since a door is far from an ideal enclosure...and doesn't help hold back the speaker

JimJ
11-25-2008, 03:07 AM
I'd rather run active with the four channel, even if you have a higher noise floor due to the exhaust. The flexibility is still worth it.

king ranch
11-25-2008, 03:17 AM
nvm sorry

kingfish405
11-26-2008, 03:38 AM
its gonna be hard to find a comp set that can handle 400 *real* watts in an IB setup... or you're options are going to be limited at least.. you're best bet would probaly be doubling up on drivers if possible

once you start getting around 250+ mechanical limits usually get the way... (in an ib setup) granted im sure there are exceptions but since a door is far from an ideal enclosure...and doesn't help hold back the speaker

thanks for the info.

I'd rather run active with the four channel, even if you have a higher noise floor due to the exhaust. The flexibility is still worth it.

im not experienced enough to mess with an active setup. i didn't even mess with the PEQ settings of my eclipse. i kept everything in defeat mode and it works fine for me.

stopdrpnro
11-26-2008, 08:24 AM
you could probably find at set of boston acoutics spz60 or z6 for a little more than your budget but they should do great w. 400w if hp correctly.