PDA

View Full Version : question about speaker repair

ENDER_XVICM
11-23-2008, 08:20 PM
I just got a pair of 6.5 CDT Euro drivers. One is in perfect shape. the other has a problem. it seems that at the point where the coil, spyder, and cone meet, the sypder has broken apart from the cone and coil. What could I use to fix this. I only have a camera phone so i cant get a good quality picture.

here is a bad paint image trying to depict

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u30/Cbrei1023/brokenspeaker.jpg

on the normal that spot where the cone coil and spyder all come together is fine.
on the broken one the cone and coil are still connected. the spyder is not though. the coil can move up and down but the spyder isnt doing anything at all.

LaserRed38
11-23-2008, 10:05 PM
ES-620s? One of mine did this as well. The cone just came unglued from the spider. I just picked up a new set from CDT (the ES-6 mids).

ENDER_XVICM
11-24-2008, 12:03 AM
looks like the 620s. They are the yellow ones. I bought them from someone for 30 bucks. So if I cant repair it its no prob, just if I can its a well spent 30 bucks.

LaserRed38
11-24-2008, 01:19 AM
Yeap, exactly what I had. CDT told me they don't do repair work on them. I somehow was asked to pay $100 for new ES-06 mids. They told me if I sent them in and they were found to be damaged by me, they wouldn't be covered under warranty. So they offered me a new set for $100 shipped. I just got em to get me some sounds again. I wish I hadn't, and just went a different route. Oh well, only $100 I guess. They sound good, I just feel it should have been covered under warranty.