PDA

View Full Version : New Mb Quart speakers

Swindez95
11-23-2008, 01:54 AM
Ok so ive done numerous searches both here and on google and come up with basically nothing on MB Quart's newest lines of speakers. What im mainly interested in is does anyone have any experience at all with the new Premium series components? I ordered a new set of PVI 216's for my next front stage project. Ive ran MB Quarts before and was pleased but thats been about 5 years ago when I bought my first set and they were old DSD 213's so they weren't the top of the line or anything but served my purpose well.

So anyone know anything about them?

P.S. - on a side note, the new MB Quarts and the upcoming German company called German Maestro look remarkably similar and their website even mentions MB Quart a few times talking about the new tweeter technology...Any chance the engineers are the same and Maxxsonics just contracted out the work? If so then these new MB's should be pretty good considering this new company is supposed to be pretty darn good.

Louisiana_CRX
11-23-2008, 01:57 AM
the newer MB quarts arn't the same quality asthe older German made Quarts.....

Swindez95
11-23-2008, 02:02 AM
Hmm...I didnt figure that but then again all I have right now are Pioneer 4 ways in my doors i got for teh cheep so I hope these do better for me. Also I ordered some kickpanels for my car and im going to glass the back of them to seal and also going to deaden them like hell, hopefully I will be satisfied.

lyttleviet
11-23-2008, 02:45 AM
MB Quart old = :) MBQ new = :(

Swindez95
11-23-2008, 03:01 AM
lol **** guys a little encouragement would be good....oh well ill try'em out, who knows I might like 'em if I dont then ill just get something diff...no big deal.

Swindez95
11-23-2008, 03:09 AM
Hell...worst case scenario I dont like'em ill use those for a little rear fill and buy something else. Seeing as how im about to get laid off work, have one more full check coming and I live at home with no bills (yea im spoiled but only cuz I spoil myself heh) whats good in the 200-300 dollar range?

joshualittle
11-23-2008, 03:35 AM
Techronics.com has their mb quart qsd 213 5 1/4" speakers on sale for $258. I bought a set for my dad, they're mb quarts top of the line speakers. Hand crafted in germany. Says it right on the box. It only took 2 days for the speakers to get here. 2 year warranty included. Very impressed with.techronics.com.

joshualittle
11-23-2008, 03:42 AM
http://www.techronics.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=1188. They actually raised the price of them by almost $100 since I bought them.

Swindez95
11-23-2008, 03:47 AM
Thats not bad but I would prefer 6 1/2" due to midbass.

joshualittle
11-23-2008, 03:53 AM
If diamond hex are anything like they used to be you'd be very impressed with them. In the $200-$300 range I'd look at hertz, morel and image dynamics as well. Morel tempo 6's run about $250-$275 and are supposed to have crazy midbass. I'd take those over mb quarts any day.

Swindez95
11-23-2008, 04:03 AM
Im afraid of soft dome tweeters though, for some reason (I dont know why) I have to have very clear loud tweeters. Every soft dome ive heard didnt impress me for some reason.

Hoodlum007
11-23-2008, 01:54 PM
Stay far away from any of the MB quart speakers made by hifonics/maxsonics. These speakers are basic chinese mass produced junk. They lack sound quality, midbass and the tweeters are just harsh and tinny.

Swindez95
11-23-2008, 04:41 PM
Man this is starting to bum me out lol. Ive already ordered them and they should be here wednesday, when I get them ill let you know what I think of them. And if it makes any difference I think im gonna try an active setup on these instead of rear fill to see how they sound then.