PDA

View Full Version : help deciding on speaker setup in 84 Cutlass Supreme

350Rocket
11-20-2008, 07:42 PM
First of all, hello everyone. This is my first post here. I've always been into music and audio equipment but so far I've never had a real decent car system.

I have a 1984 Cutlass Supreme 2 door and I'm getting speakers to replace the stock ones for xmas. I've been suffering with the crappy ones in there now for 2 years.

Anyways, the stock size speakers aren't the best, it has 3.5" in the dash and 4x10" in the rear deck. I have a 10" MTX sub. Most of the music I listen to is classic rock and alternative. I tend to listen to it pretty loud.

They make a 4x10 to 6x9 adaptor for my car for like $25 apparently but I'm trying to find out what would be best option. I don't have a problem mounting round speakers in the doors panels. I have spare interior parts, so I don't mind cutting them up. I could leave out the stock locations altogether, or possibly put tweeters in the stock dash location and midranges in the doors? I really don't know anything about making a good car stereo, so hopefully I can get some good help here. Once I figure out what sizes and where to put them, I will do searches to find out which speakers to go with. Thanks in advance.

Mike