PDA

View Full Version : Mounting amp on decklid?

CadillacMatt
11-20-2008, 06:55 PM
Just a hypothetical question... would it be a good idea? Assuming the amps were bolted securely. Would the vibration of the decklid factor into the equation?

dragnix
11-20-2008, 06:57 PM
it's probably better to mount it to the box, use some sort of rubber grommet to reduce the vibration also.

z0n3d0u7
11-20-2008, 06:59 PM
Heat rises. Mounting the amp to the decklid would require it to be upside down, When the trunks closed. Meaning it wouldnt allow the amp to disipate the heat. :fyi:

CadillacMatt
11-20-2008, 07:02 PM
it's probably better to mount it to the box, use some sort of rubber grommet to reduce the vibration also.

I did that with my last setup and I've heard it's not such a good idea... however my box now is thicker so you never know. I am actually mounting them on custom built racks on the sides of my trunk, because the spare tire space underneath the box is all but sealed by the box's girth. I just was tossing the idea around :crap:

Heat rises. Mounting the amp to the decklid would require it to be upside down, When the trunks closed. Meaning it wouldnt allow the amp to disipate the heat. :fyi:

Point taken.

mlstrass
11-20-2008, 07:31 PM
Spare tire well with some fans blowing down the heatsinks will work...