PDA

View Full Version : SPL tuning

LuNaTiC
07-20-2003, 06:32 PM
Whats the highest frequency you should tune a spl box? Can you go above 60 to get more bass?

n0ftInc
07-21-2003, 12:09 AM
Tuning Higher = More Bass/SPL
Tuning Lower = Daily Driving
..right..?
:confused:

havoc06
07-21-2003, 08:01 AM
yea dont think that by tuning the box higher, you automatically get more bass. The higher your box is tuned, the more like *** it will sound, and you wont be able to play frequencies below the tuning frequency without damaging the woofer. If its your daily driver, tune to about 40 htz and youll be happy...if its just an SPL car, tune so your box peaks at your cars resosant frequency

LuNaTiC
07-21-2003, 11:47 AM
How do i find what a cars resonant frequency is?

bumpin_blazer
07-21-2003, 11:54 AM
yea dont think that by tuning the box higher, you automatically get more bass. The higher your box is tuned, the more like *** it will sound, and you wont be able to play frequencies below the tuning frequency without damaging the woofer. If its your daily driver, tune to about 40 htz and youll be happy...if its just an SPL car, tune so your box peaks at your cars resosant frequency

many will consider 40hz very boomy. i would say if you want all out Sq go 30hz or lower if you want a mix i would say around 35hz for SPL most vehicles have a res. freq. of about 48-58hz as to why most people build boxes tuned to 45-55hz for SPL.

adam