PDA

View Full Version : New Car, New Plans... New Advice..?

Drunkship
11-19-2008, 08:34 PM
Okay, so I've got myself a new car and its time to upgrade the audio. This is an extreme budget build, so the cheaper the better. The plan is to start with a new HU, buy front and rear speakers and an amplifier to run them off of.

The head unit I decided on is the Alpine iDA-X200 (http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=6243).

Unless you guys have any better options I was going for a set of 6.5" Phoenix Gold RSD65cs (http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=6952) components for the front.

Now, for between $50 and $75, what would you guys suggest for rear speakers? The stock size is 6"x"9, but eBay has 6"x9" to 6.5" adapter plates readily available.

I'm getting all of these for a combination of Christmas and my birthday (two days apart) so I won't be installing the speakers until I can save up for an amp, so I don't need amplifier suggestions for now.

Thanks,
Drunkship

Savstyle
11-19-2008, 09:21 PM
i have a set of rainbow soundlines that sound quite a bit better than rsd's IMO

lemme know if your interested

Drunkship
11-19-2008, 09:25 PM
i have a set of rainbow soundlines that sound quite a bit better than rsd's IMO

lemme know if your interested

Well, the set-up would be a combination Christmas / Birthday present from my parents this year. They still live in 1998 and are weary and scared of buying things off the internet. So, I was trying to use as few websites as possible, never mind PayPal or eBay, sorry. As much as I'd love a set of Rainbows, I'm trying to only buy new stuff. Thanks, though!

Etac
11-19-2008, 09:30 PM
forget the rear speakers, take that money and spend it towards something else, and there are better options than the rsd's depending on your budget

Drunkship
11-19-2008, 09:39 PM
Well, in my last two vehicles, I only had a front set-up without rears. I did it for SQ purposes, but since this is such a budget set-up its obvious it won't be SQ oriented. Also, I just didn't like the sound of no rear-fill, so I want to try it this time. The budget for the front speakers would be as low as possible, definitely $100 or less. Not looking for a super system this time around. But anything is better than the Pyle speakers someone put in here with the stock AM/FM cassette player.

lyttleviet
11-19-2008, 09:53 PM
Look into ARC KS Coaxials all the way around.. and a small jbl amp or something to push it.

Savstyle
11-19-2008, 09:58 PM
Well, the set-up would be a combination Christmas / Birthday present from my parents this year. They still live in 1998 and are weary and scared of buying things off the internet. So, I was trying to use as few websites as possible, never mind PayPal or eBay, sorry. As much as I'd love a set of Rainbows, I'm trying to only buy new stuff. Thanks, though!

you can use paypal with a credit card

do yourself a favor and convince them.

you can can get a way better system buying used than new

Drunkship
11-19-2008, 09:58 PM
Well, I have stock tweeter locations up front, so I wanted to go with a component set-up up front, but I'll look into the ARC KS's anyways. Thanks!

C3 Customs
11-20-2008, 08:12 AM
Bravox Audio Diamond Series Comps and Bravox EDX6 for rear fill