PDA

View Full Version : Building a home theater sub enclosure

Orion Man
11-19-2008, 05:41 AM
I have an original Orion XTR12 SVC that is BNIB. I have decided to build me a new home theater sub with it. Does anyone have any experience on what I should tune the enclosure to? I'm looking at 2.5-3cu ported for the enclosure. Going to use an aero-port.

Anyone?

Here is a link to the owners manual and specs. If someone wouldn't mind helping me out it would be great. Thanks

http://orioncaraudio.com/Support/Manuals/Subwoofers/XTR%20Series/Orion%20XTR12S%20Owners%20Manual(2000).PDF

mlstrass
11-19-2008, 09:21 AM
Normally HT enclosures are on the large side and tuned in the teens. Might want to contact Orion tech support and see what they say as I don't anyone who's used one in a HT set up.

rollerdj
11-19-2008, 09:47 AM
big box, tune low. My single 15 is in 4 cubes tuned to 27hz. I went a little higher than normal due to manufacture specs.

Orion Man
11-19-2008, 12:43 PM
Thanks guys. I tried a couple of times to contact Orion and nothin. I figured maybe I could figure it out with the help of some of you guys. I'm thinking of upping the anty by building the enclosure 3.5cubes and trying to tune it low. The enclosure Orion recommends is tuned to
27hz anyway, so maybe I could get it that low.