PDA

View Full Version : Need fidelity/imaging peoples perspective on suggested component set up.

dtbrown
11-19-2008, 03:24 AM
So I've finally decided on what components I'm going to get (digital designs DDA) and I'm planning on running them active. There was suggested to me from someone that knows a little more about staging then I do but I would like to see what other people think. And I've never heard of it being done this way but it sounds like a good idea.

So the suggestion was to run the drivers in the stock location but with the tweeters next to the drivers in the kick of the door and another tweeters in the dash area, possibly A piller or dash depending on what stages better. I don't remember exacts but suggesting to cross over the tweeter in the door at I think 2.5khz and tweeter in the upper stage at 10khz. I don't remember the exact crossover points but you get the idea. Basically suggesting to me to buy the crossover caps that go in line and try different crossover points until I find what I like.

Now this is time consuming but I'm willing to spend the time working on it and dialing it in if it's worth it. And of course there are a ton of different ways to wire and run components. So with not planning on making custom kicks or door pods but just running them with this suggested locations what do you guys think? Good, bad, awesome?

Edit: below are pics of possible tweeter location besides in the dash.

lyttleviet
11-19-2008, 03:28 AM
your gonna have to tape it around and see where you like it best. I'd suggest the A pillar over the dash unless you are firing ACROSS the dash. If its playing upwards towards the glass that = fail.

dtbrown
11-19-2008, 04:27 AM
Yah, I planed on using tap and trying different locations first before I mount the tweeters. I just don't know if I have the right angle in my A pillers for the tweeters to sound good.

lyttleviet
11-19-2008, 04:37 AM
Moe Lester did a lot of custom installs in town and says he has great luck shooting across the dash off axis. Try that out :)

dtbrown
11-19-2008, 04:41 AM
Here are my locations I can work with besides the dash. This is not my car but my model with what other people have done. I don't know if I like them in the door like that.

http://homepage.mac.com/jean.benjaminl/.Pictures/Image%204.jpg
http://www.toddhata.com/cars/images/1yaris07.jpg

lyttleviet
11-19-2008, 05:27 AM
hmm its kinda angled down... Can you build it out a little bit with bondo/bondo glass and make it fire straight across?

James Bang
11-19-2008, 11:51 AM
your gonna have to tape it around and see where you like it best. I'd suggest the A pillar over the dash unless you are firing ACROSS the dash. If its playing upwards towards the glass that = fail.

You just haven't heard a setup w/ it done right.

From one of the best sounding cars i've ever heard.
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a11/mobster909/diyma%20011907/IMG_2449.jpg

Pootie
11-19-2008, 11:53 AM
Yaris?

gangstajpimpin
11-19-2008, 12:21 PM
haha...off topic but i rofled when i saw a yaris drifting in the desert...

SUBSCRIBED! I am in the SAME boat as you