PDA

View Full Version : fans for amps.......

er1kkull
07-20-2003, 04:06 AM
i thinking of trying to put my amp/s in a sliding drawer at the bottom of sub box......... i was wondering how i could put fans in to keep them kool with out the fans being showed?

Tea Bag
07-20-2003, 04:20 AM
i thinking of trying to put my amp/s in a sliding drawer at the bottom of sub box......... i was wondering how i could put fans in to keep them kool with out the fans being showed?

Have two fans.... one pushing and one pulling, then make sure they are on the side of the box...

try this link brother!

http://www.canze.org.nz/bcae/coolfans.htm

It tells you all about fans for cooling amps.

hope it's enough.

cheers

er1kkull
07-20-2003, 04:46 AM
yeah thanks alot teabag

ramos
07-23-2003, 09:01 AM
Or you could use one fan pushing air across the heatsinks. And have the other end open so the air could have an exit. :)

MXJMR
07-23-2003, 10:41 AM
Yeah, on the back panel of the box or the opposite side of where the droor will be u could cut a whole and make a vent, if u have enough room u could put the fans above where the amps will sit when the droor is closed, what kind of amps are they?

paikiah
07-23-2003, 12:02 PM
yup, if the rack is opened, you don't need the fan anymore. Leave the fan inside the rack and perhaps you could mod a switch so the fans will shut off when the doors are opened (use the metal guide as your negative, then when the connection is broken, the fan will automatically shut off)

ramos
07-23-2003, 12:28 PM
Either that or a reed switch will work also :)

er1kkull
07-23-2003, 03:56 PM
I planned on putting two fans one on each side since the front of the drawer will be closed.... i found some 34.1 cfm fans with leds likes that look wicked at night.... since i play with relays and that kind of stuff all day i am going to get a relay on the remote and use the battery power to run the fans... i might put a switch with the relay just incase i am not using the amps and dont want the humming.... one is a kicker 800.2 (built in fan) other is a usx 2080 (coming soon better at least be)

MXJMR
07-23-2003, 04:15 PM
I saw some of those led/lcd whatever the f*** on ebay for like 3 bucks.

Trixter
07-24-2003, 03:14 PM
I always have the fans blowing out of the box so they don't **** stuff in and blow it on the amps....I also had the bottoms off to show the circuits too though.