PDA

View Full Version : new guy in AZ with pics

Yeah
11-18-2008, 02:47 PM
I've been lurking here for about 6 months now. I've been a true audiophile since I got my first car 15 years ago. I installed and did some competitions in the late 90's. I usually get a new vehicle every 2 years or so and audio is always the first thing done. Current vehicle is a 2009 scion XB, but space is limited so I can't go too big.

CURRENT SETUP:
JL tr650-CSI in front
Fosgate P163 in the back
Fosgate T400-4 running components and coax
JL 10w3v3 x 2 in a sealed stealth enclosure
Fosgate T500-1BD running subs
Scosche 1/0 to the block and Scosche 4 gauge to the amps
Fosgate wire and RCA's

FUTURE SETUP
Boston Pro 60's in front
Boston NX 67's in rear
Fosgate T600-4 running components and coax
Boston G5's with GTR's (hopefully 3 if I can find a 3rd for a good price)
Fosgate T1500-1BD running subs
Keeping all existing wiring and upgrading to a yellow top

I'm sure i'm going to get crap from you guys about the current JL stuff. This was my first JL purchase since I used the first W6 D6's way back in the day with a PPI 2350. I don't know what has changed, but I was expecting more performance than what I got for the price, so no more JL for now. I didn't pay retail (and I feel kinda bad for anyone that does), so hopefully i'll be able to recoup most of my $$$ when I get rid of the equipment. I also tried rockford P3's in this box, but the JL does give much better SQ. Cap was used because I was getting some whine and couldn't figure out where it was coming from.

DBBOOM
11-18-2008, 02:48 PM
Love the avatar

camoman78
11-19-2008, 03:06 PM
sweet ride my buddy has a scion like that took out back seat and has two 18" dd in it and it slams anyway welcome the the fourms