PDA

View Full Version : Best DVD-Audio, DVD-RW playing Head Units?

Eat Italian
11-18-2008, 12:38 AM
I know there are many touch screen, flip out, double-din, etc. head units out there that read DVD-RW and play DVD-Audio. However, I'm just looking for a great single-din head unit like the JVC KD-DV440 that reads DVD-RW and plays DVD-Audio.

Primarily because I have extremely large volumes of music, and want the most convenience while handling it, without going the iPod route.

I'm also concerned with the price, even though quality is important. I don't want to spend more than $200. I can get the JVC KD-DV440 for $180, so if someone can beat that with a better DVD-Audio playing head unit for around the same price then please help me out.

Thanks

scoob8000
11-18-2008, 11:23 PM
I know there are many touch screen, flip out, double-din, etc. head units out there that read DVD-RW and play DVD-Audio. However, I'm just looking for a great single-din head unit like the JVC KD-DV440 that reads DVD-RW and plays DVD-Audio.

Primarily because I have extremely large volumes of music, and want the most convenience while handling it, without going the iPod route.

I'm also concerned with the price, even though quality is important. I don't want to spend more than $200. I can get the JVC KD-DV440 for $180, so if someone can beat that with a better DVD-Audio playing head unit for around the same price then please help me out.

Thanks

I've been down this road. Honestly, if you can hold off and save up, go the ipod route.

I swore I'd never own an ipod, now I have an ipod adapter in every car. :)

Eat Italian
11-19-2008, 01:18 AM
I've been down this road. Honestly, if you can hold off and save up, go the ipod route.

I swore I'd never own an ipod, now I have an ipod adapter in every car. :)

I have an iPod, i just dont like using it while driving.

scoob8000
11-20-2008, 03:13 PM
I have an iPod, i just dont like using it while driving.

Actually using the controls on the ipod itself?

Some adpaters/decks actually control the ipod thru the headunit.

Like my Pioneer 7800, you can browse genres, artists, albums, etc right from the head deck. I ran the cable into the back of the glovebox so I can just leave the ipod in there.

I have the same adapter on the 3900 in my other car, works mostly the same. You browse the ipod just like a CD loaded with MP3's.

Not all adapters are equal, some are only audio, some control and audio, and some control, display, and audio..