PDA

View Full Version : Rockstar in Chicago Needs Alarm/Remote Start!!

dave_damage
11-17-2008, 11:23 PM
One of my friends. (Charlie B. From the band Anthrax) Needs a remote start/ alarm installed. Looking for a good deal. It would be done at his house and the alarm will be in hand. Just looking for a price on labor. The cheaper the better because I am doing this for him as a gift lol. I have no experience what so ever with Alarms or I would do it myself. I don't want my first attempt to be on someone elses car. Thanks in advace. PM me or reply here.

Shaumberg is the area he lives.

donky23
11-18-2008, 03:23 PM
One of my friends. (Charlie B. From the band Anthrax) Needs a remote start/ alarm installed. Looking for a good deal. It would be done at his house and the alarm will be in hand. Just looking for a price on labor. The cheaper the better because I am doing this for him as a gift lol. I have no experience what so ever with Alarms or I would do it myself. I don't want my first attempt to be on someone elses car. Thanks in advace. PM me or reply here.

Shaumberg is the area he lives.

Or maybe the Schaumburg area? ;)

dave_damage
11-19-2008, 01:27 AM
Ya, maybe.

mokedaddy
11-19-2008, 01:30 AM
It would help determine a price if the vehicle was known, what kind of alarm/remote start and what features will be installed.

dave_damage
11-19-2008, 01:37 AM
"07" Escalade Alarm Remote start is the Prestige Informer 2 way system. Product # APS-996A

Louisiana_CRX
11-19-2008, 01:45 AM
should be pretty straight forward...if i lived up that way...i could do it for you...

mokedaddy
11-19-2008, 01:50 AM
You will need an additional bypass and interface module but yes it should be a pretty straight forward install. Wish I was in the Chicago area.

If I had to guess I would say in the area of a $100 or so is what I would charge.

dave_damage
11-19-2008, 01:52 AM
More info on the bypass and interface module please?

mokedaddy
11-19-2008, 01:58 AM
http://www.bypasskit.com/wizard.aspx?vehiclemake=Cadillac&modelid=Escalade&yearid=2007

Your installer should be able to tell you which one they use or are more comfortable with.

WhoSayWho?
11-19-2008, 01:58 AM
I know of a very good alarm for that vehicle, but I don't know if a rockstar would like it or not.

dave_damage
11-19-2008, 02:00 AM
I know of a very good alarm for that vehicle, but I don't know if a rockstar would like it or not.

I hear ya. Most rock stars only like things I tell them to.