PDA

View Full Version : Hertz HSK 165 vs. Rainbow Germaniums

bose301s
11-17-2008, 08:48 PM
Well, I see good prices on both, so I was wondering how the 2 compare, sound wise, as well as which one would go active easier, basically the pluses and minuses of each set. Any info is appreciated.

UNDERGROUND_BUM
11-17-2008, 09:37 PM
have you looked into morel Tempo 6's ? i believe there around the same price range......... got mine for 270 shipped. havnt gotten them installed yet, but i have heard great things about them. i Cant wait to install them : ) been working to much : (

outspoken
11-17-2008, 09:38 PM
never heard the rainbows, but i love my hsk's :D

joshualittle
11-17-2008, 11:35 PM
The rainbow germs only got a 68/100 in car audio mags review, so I'd go with the hertz. I'm gettin the mlk 165's and if you pm me I'll be able to hook u up with someone that sells them, with warranty!

carguy83
11-17-2008, 11:57 PM
Ignore that review. There was definately something wrong with that review. If you heard a set of Germaniums for yourself you'd reconsider that thought.

As for the two, I say Germaniums. I've had the Germaniums for awhile before I upgraded. And yes I've had lots of ear time with the HSK's, and did several installs with them as well. The Cal25 silk dome tweeter on the Germanium set is much smoother in my opinion than the HSK's. The midbass on the HSK's are a bit more punchy though. But once again if I had to choose between the two, it'll be the Germs set hands down.

nismos14
11-18-2008, 12:04 AM
Lawl 68/100 my ***.

Hoodlum007
11-18-2008, 02:03 AM
Germs!!

lyttleviet
11-18-2008, 04:56 AM
Listen to him Josh... The Germs have nothing to do with that horrible review... If you heard them in person, you'd be singing a different tune. Have you heard HSKs in person?

The rainbow germs only got a 68/100 in car audio mags review, so I'd go with the hertz. I'm gettin the mlk 165's and if you pm me I'll be able to hook u up with someone that sells them, with warranty!

Ignore that review. There was definately something wrong with that review. If you heard a set of Germaniums for yourself you'd reconsider that thought.

As for the two, I say Germaniums. I've had the Germaniums for awhile before I upgraded. And yes I've had lots of ear time with the HSK's, and did several installs with them as well. The Cal25 silk dome tweeter on the Germanium set is much smoother in my opinion than the HSK's. The midbass on the HSK's are a bit more punchy though. But once again if I had to choose between the two, it'll be the Germs set hands down.

IgnoreMe
11-18-2008, 09:06 AM
although i havent ever used these speakers, i would too agree, dont listen to those garbage reviews.

where is this opinion coming from? oh i dont know...maybe that time when they "reviewed" a stereo integrity mag and only gave it 300w (rated at 900w) but yet they will give random rockford subs and others double their rms? :rolleyes: IMO, if you dont pay them extra, you dont get a good review...

bose301s
11-19-2008, 12:27 AM
Jumped on the Germaniums for $250 :eek: