PDA

View Full Version : Enclosure help needed

Doctor B0MBay
11-17-2008, 08:29 PM
Ok so Hi all its nice to be a part of these boards. Ive been reading around on here for a while but I never posted.
Ive finally got some money and am looking to start my sub system.
Im going to get a 12 inch alpine type-r.
I have decided to try and make a sonotube enclosure, but I need some advice.
Should I make a sealed enclosure with some polyfill to add some boom to it, a ported enclosure with a small tube port directly across from the driver on the other side, or my favorite a 16-18 inch tube with the driver and port beside each other on the same end. I want to have a nice boomy sound and heard that a sealed enclosure can still be boomy if it has some polyfill in it, not sure if its true. I also know that ported should be the way to go for what I want, but heard that in a tube the port has issues when it is right behind the driver but I dont remember where I read that or if it has any credibility. If its ok then I would prolly go that route due to the easiness of it. I was planning on tuning it around 32 but I am still a noob and downloaded winISD but am not real sure what all the stuff means. So I need help finding out the needed dimensions and things. Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

BTW I am on a pretty strict budget.

blindskater1213
11-17-2008, 09:49 PM
What kind of car?

Doctor B0MBay
11-17-2008, 09:57 PM
it is an 02 jeep liberty.

also im not too worried about size. There should be enough room as long as its not huge

Doctor B0MBay
11-19-2008, 02:43 PM
BUMP...please