PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid Audio Technologies Components

bose301s
11-17-2008, 12:35 AM
Has anyone here used or heard any of their component sets? They look to be quite high quality, but the tweeters in the one set are only 20mm which seems on the small side. I am just wondering everyone's opinion on them.

Also, they are owned by Scott Buwalda, I recognize that name for some reason, is he associated with another company? I swear that is the Scott from Fi.

Flipx99
11-17-2008, 12:38 AM
I'd rock them but they are too expensive and don't fit where I need them too.

Beerdrnkr
11-17-2008, 12:47 AM
Has anyone here used or heard any of their component sets? They look to be quite high quality, but the tweeters in the one set are only 20mm which seems on the small side. I am just wondering everyone's opinion on them.

Also, they are owned by Scott Buwalda, I recognize that name for some reason, is he associated with another company? I swear that is the Scott from Fi.

I believe Scott Buwalda used to compete in SQ and it's a different Scott. I have the L4 and L1 and I love em. The L1's for being so small actually handle a ton of power and sound really good just a tad harsh but nothing you can't eq down a bit. I'm going to compare them a little better with the TBI HDSS's I have as soon as I get a few more components installed. A little expensive but overall a very nice product.

yanks fan
11-17-2008, 12:52 AM
I own a set of the Clarus C61-2 but I haven't heard them yet. Give me another month and I could tell you then.

They are some solid looking mids though....beefy little guys.

alxmlr789
11-17-2008, 01:12 AM
With 3,300 post you'd think you'd know how to use the search button.

Guess not.

02accord
11-17-2008, 02:03 AM
I read great things the first couple of months they were out.. Seems like people are backing off of them a bit now, I don't know why :(

FoxPro5
11-17-2008, 08:14 AM
I swear that is the Scott from Fi.

Nope, wrong Scott. This is the Scott you want: www.buwaldahybrids.com

Very friendly, helpful person. Really seems to go out of his way. Totally recommend any HAT product.

joshualittle
11-17-2008, 06:48 PM
All I know is if you google the hybrid audio clarus a car audio mag review will come up. They got the highest review of any component set reviewed by the magazine and they've reviewed them all, from morel to rainbow. To powerbass and hertz. I was actually thinking about a set of them but I was recommended hertz and morel over them by various people who had heard them all in person.

Rich B
11-17-2008, 06:51 PM
I read great things the first couple of months they were out.. Seems like people are backing off of them a bit now, I don't know why :(

$$$$$

helotaxi
11-17-2008, 06:58 PM
Not really all that expensive compared to the company that they're in. I can't wait to get mine installed.

The tweet is fairly small, but the idea behind the Legatia series was that the L3 or L4 would do most of the leg work as the point source driver and the tweet would only have to work with the top octave.

sundownz
11-17-2008, 07:02 PM
Heard some at MECA finals and I really liked them.