PDA

View Full Version : ID CXS64 V.2 or Rainbow Germanium

Sir Smoke A Lot
11-16-2008, 12:55 PM
Price not being a factor which would you go for and why?

joshualittle
11-16-2008, 01:01 PM
The I'd 's cause the rainbow germs only got a 68/100 rating in car audio mag and cause I've heard great things about the I'd's. In that price range I'd check out Hertz and Morel as well.

speedfreak28
11-16-2008, 01:07 PM
you should buy my hertz 3 way set( yes im a *****)

joshualittle
11-16-2008, 01:15 PM
Google "rainbow germaniums" and the car audio mag review will come up. I'ts like 4 pages and they give performance scores in different area's on the last page. It's a pretty in depth review.

carguy83
11-16-2008, 02:05 PM
I've ran the Germaniums for a long time before I upgraded. They were one of the best sounding components I've heard...and many on here that heard them in my car can attest to that. Midbass response was pretty good, and the Cal25 tweeter is amazing. They're so detailed without being harsh. The crossovers are very tweak friendly with many different configurations to choose from.

I'd say get the Germaniums. You can't go wrong with them.

Sir Smoke A Lot
11-16-2008, 02:25 PM
I've ran the Germaniums for a long time before I upgraded. They were one of the best sounding components I've heard...and many on here that heard them in my car can attest to that. Midbass response was pretty good, and the Cal25 tweeter is amazing. They're so detailed without being harsh. The crossovers are very tweak friendly with many different configurations to choose from.

I'd say get the Germaniums. You can't go wrong with them.Thanks for the response. Just saw you have Iridiums. How do you like them compared to the Germaniums?

Sir Smoke A Lot
11-16-2008, 02:25 PM
you should buy my hertz 3 way set( yes im a *****)Not really interested in 3 way components. Thanks though.

Sir Smoke A Lot
11-16-2008, 02:27 PM
Google "rainbow germaniums" and the car audio mag review will come up. I'ts like 4 pages and they give performance scores in different area's on the last page. It's a pretty in depth review.I checked it out. The confusion lies in where the IDs stack up in comparison. There is no review of them to compare to.

carguy83
11-16-2008, 02:44 PM
Thanks for the response. Just saw you have Iridiums. How do you like them compared to the Germaniums?

The Iridiums are a whole new level (in terms of price and performance) in my opinion. I really love my Iridiums, but the install was much more involving to make them sound good. Your install will make or break a speaker's performance.

Hoodlum007
11-16-2008, 03:05 PM
I have heard the CXS comps and the midbass was just insane and the tweeters were super smooth. I was very impressed with them.

6spdcoupe
11-16-2008, 08:03 PM
Google "rainbow germaniums" and the car audio mag review will come up. I'ts like 4 pages and they give performance scores in different area's on the last page. It's a pretty in depth review.

Several points were also lost due to other reasons rather than performance. Ears in a car will reveal a Completely different result.

Sir Smoke A Lot
11-16-2008, 08:40 PM
Several points were also lost due to other reasons rather than performance. Ears in a car will reveal a Completely different result.Do you have any experience with the ID comps? How do they compare?

carguy83
11-16-2008, 10:10 PM
Several points were also lost due to other reasons rather than performance. Ears in a car will reveal a Completely different result.

+1

That tweeter will blow you away with its performance. :)