PDA

View Full Version : How to amp components?

Bobyota
07-18-2003, 11:14 PM
I was thinking about getting a 6-1/2 component set, but does each component need it's own amp? Or will they both just run off of one channel.

I can either put 60x2 on the set, or use the 60x2 for the midwoofers and another 30x2 amp for the tweets....if that's possable.

The 60x2 and 30x2 are 4 ohm ratings for my amps, but they are 80x2 and 40x2 at 2 ohms. But I don't remember anything that isn't a sub that comes in 2 ohm. Are there any 2 ohm component sets? How bout any 2 ohm 6-1/2 2 ways or 6x8 2 ways?

ngsm13
07-18-2003, 11:31 PM
I was thinking about getting a 6-1/2 component set, but does each component need it's own amp? Or will they both just run off of one channel.

I can either put 60x2 on the set, or use the 60x2 for the midwoofers and another 30x2 amp for the tweets....if that's possable.

The 60x2 and 30x2 are 4 ohm ratings for my amps, but they are 80x2 and 40x2 at 2 ohms. But I don't remember anything that isn't a sub that comes in 2 ohm. Are there any 2 ohm component sets? How bout any 2 ohm 6-1/2 2 ways or 6x8 2 ways?

i think ID's set comes in 2 ohm? but they are a lil more expensive than what ur looking for prolly. Ne wayz...each side runs off it's own channel. like, the left mid and tweet gets it's own channel along with the right mid and tweet getting it's own channel. The crossover filters frequencies/ distributes power. there are some comp sets that can be bi-amped tho....also more expensive. peace

NG

Bobyota
07-18-2003, 11:40 PM
Well you're right, I'll stay away from the higher priced stuff. So, got any opinions on a decent/fairly cheap set of components? :)

ngsm13
07-18-2003, 11:53 PM
Well you're right, I'll stay away from the higher priced stuff. So, got any opinions on a decent/fairly cheap set of components? :)

well, what's ur budget....comps/amp combined. lmk, should be able to come up with somethin for ya. peace

NG

Bobyota
07-19-2003, 12:04 AM
Well I already have the amp, actually 2 of them. One will go for the fronts, and one for some 6x8's in the rear.

I heard Infinity Kappa 6 1/2" 2 ways and they sounded good to me. So I assume Kappa components would sound as good, prolly better. I don't think I wanna spend more than $150 for the components.

ngsm13
07-19-2003, 01:37 PM
Well I already have the amp, actually 2 of them. One will go for the fronts, and one for some 6x8's in the rear.

I heard Infinity Kappa 6 1/2" 2 ways and they sounded good to me. So I assume Kappa components would sound as good, prolly better. I don't think I wanna spend more than $150 for the components.

well, if you buy soon...you could pick up some CDT classic components at www.thezeb.com for $150 shipped. They sound much better than the kappa components...(i was considering these when i was looking at components) and after hearing the kappa's at a a few local shops, i am glad i went with the CDT's. They are a great all around comp set, and at the $150 price...don't know of much that comes close. It's up to ur ears tho, and either u'll be happy with. peace

NG

they are the CDT cl-61a's