PDA

View Full Version : Building Box without screw or nails just glue?

Silica
07-18-2003, 08:21 PM
Alright, im buidling a box inside of my trunk so i do have space to screw in screws or nail in nails only the top plate.. So im using wood glue lots of it,
will that hold up?? Im gonna put in lots of support and **** in my box to help keep it strong, like 2x2 in the corners and what not. Its for 2 15" Hc's

Tim

ss3079
07-18-2003, 08:30 PM
In the past, I've just clamped boxes together with clamps, or screwed in some screws to act as clamps. If your edges are square and everything matches up, it's fine. Those boxes seen just over 1000 watts RMS and held up fine.

All I used was carpenters glue.

Some beg to differ, and state that you absolutely need screws in your box. Well, I do recommend that you do use them, but in my past experiences, things seem to work out with without them.

- Steve

Silica
07-18-2003, 10:16 PM
Alright good stuff, yeah its holding up well so far. Im gonna put lots of glue in it.

Tim

Gauntlet
07-19-2003, 05:15 PM
Gorilla glue!

bumpin_blazer
07-19-2003, 08:30 PM
Gorilla glue!

i've never used it but that stuff if ****in expensive. a guy used like 1 screw per side then like 25 nails put in i laughed but it worked, box leaked air like crazy b/c his cuts weren't straight though.

adam