PDA

View Full Version : What parts do I need for an alarm install.

itsbmw
11-13-2008, 07:29 PM
I need to gather all the parts for an alarm install. the alarm will be a clifford 50.5x or viper 5900. I was wondering what I will need to have my trunk release open, and my doors unlock etc. I have a 2001 oldsmobile alero GLS

does this do this? :
http://www.bypasskit.com/product.aspx?prodid=XK01

Anyways. Thanks in advance :)

EDIT: I am not doing this myself I am having a pro do it :)

SethPhillips
11-13-2008, 07:31 PM
I need to gather all the parts for an alarm install. the alarm will be a clifford 50.5x or viper 5900. I was wondering what I will need to have my trunk release open, and my doors unlock etc. I have a 2001 oldsmobile alero GLS

does this do this? :
http://www.bypasskit.com/product.aspx?prodid=XK01

Anyways. Thanks in advance :)

EDIT: I am not doing this myself I am having a pro do it :)

Then why do you need to gather part's.. this "pro" should have everything he need's....

itsbmw
11-13-2008, 07:32 PM
Then why do you need to gather part's.. this "pro" should have everything he need's....

because I can get the parts cheaper online. The brain and passkey bypass etc.

SethPhillips
11-13-2008, 07:34 PM
because I can get the parts cheaper online. The brain and passkey bypass etc.

if he is a "pro" he will know what you need.

so here is what you do.. call this pro, and ask him all of what you need, hop ur happy *** on line and order them..

why the **** would you have someone else that is not doing the install pic out part's...

there are more and more retard's joining this forum daily..

itsbmw
11-13-2008, 07:36 PM
if he is a "pro" he will know what you need.

so here is what you do.. call this pro, and ask him all of what you need, hop ur happy *** on line and order them..

why the **** would you have someone else that is not doing the install pic out part's...

there are more and more retard's joining this forum daily..

Settle down. I'm asking a question. if you dont want to answer it GTFO.

Vestax
11-13-2008, 07:37 PM
Settle down. I'm asking a question. if you dont want to answer it GTFO.

He's speaking the truth. Do you go around forums asking "What do I need for a heart transplant. BTW, I'm not doing it, my surgeon is. "

Seriously, if your ''pro'' can't tell you, he's not a pro. It's not your dad is it?

SethPhillips
11-13-2008, 07:40 PM
He's speaking the truth. Do you go around forums asking "What do I need for a heart transplant. BTW, I'm not doing it, my surgeon is. "

Seriously, if your ''pro'' can't tell you, he's not a pro. It's not your dad is it?

FULL OF WIN!

itsbmw
11-13-2008, 07:54 PM

I figured id ask here because I can order the parts tonight. Matt (my installer) is not open now. I can call him tomorrow. but If I could order them now why not. and no it isnt my dad. I wont let him touch anything on my car. He breaks whatever he touches..

oh and IIRC this is the Car Video, Security and Electronics section. Why can't I ask a question? If you dont want to answer it dont. lol.

99grandprixGT
11-13-2008, 07:58 PM
hey man how much and where in michgan is ur installer at? i need an alarm.

itsbmw
11-13-2008, 08:00 PM
hey man how much and where in michgan is ur installer at? i need an alarm.
On telegraph. next to mickey shorr in taylor. on the opposite side that Taylor chevy is on. by the dodge dealer lol.
They are really good at what they do but their prices make me sick. it was like 700 dollars for a 790x installed with trunk opener and passkey bypass

99grandprixGT
11-13-2008, 08:02 PM
On telegraph. next to mickey shorr in taylor. on the opposite side that Taylor chevy is on. by the dodge dealer lol.

oh cool.is it a shop? if it is whats the name?

itsbmw
11-13-2008, 08:07 PM
oh cool.is it a shop? if it is whats the name?
its ameristar auto outfitters. They also do tint, tell them you know someone at taylor chevy and you might get a discount. my friend got his alarm installed at the ABC warehouse in canton on ford road and they did a good job they also installed my old headunit.. but I dont really like their product lineup.

their site:
http://www.autoameristar.com/electronics/starters.html

Vestax
11-13-2008, 08:10 PM
I figured id ask here because I can order the parts tonight. Matt (my installer) is not open now. I can call him tomorrow. but If I could order them now why not. and no it isnt my dad. I wont let him touch anything on my car. He breaks whatever he touches..

oh and IIRC this is the Car Video, Security and Electronics section. Why can't I ask a question? If you dont want to answer it dont. lol.

Okay Sally, speak for yourself.

The bypass Xk01 should work or a DEI unit like 555gw, if not, the sure bet is to lose a key and a universal bypass 556uw. Your car will have 1 wire door locks, so resistors are required, which normally comes with DEI alarms like the clifford or viper. Relays can be used for everything else such as the trunk pop. Your install should have all of this.

itsbmw
11-13-2008, 08:12 PM
Okay Sally, speak for yourself.

The bypass Xk01 should work or a DEI unit like 555gw, if not, the sure bet is to lose a key and a universal bypass 556uw. Your car will have a 1 wire door locks, so resistors are required, which normally comes with DEI alarms like the clifford or viper. Relays can be used for everything else such as the trunk pop. Your install should have all of this.
Ok cool thanks.

99grandprixGT
11-13-2008, 08:14 PM
its ameristar auto outfitters. They also do tint, tell them you know someone at taylor chevy and you might get a discount. my friend got his alarm installed at the ABC warehouse in canton on ford road and they did a good job they also installed my old headunit.. but I dont really like their product lineup.

their site:
http://www.autoameristar.com/electronics/starters.html

oh ya. i got my windows tinted at the one in redford. ill probably go up there this weekend and see what alarms they have. im close to the one in Redford so ill go there. but from what ive seen they do good work.

itsbmw
11-13-2008, 08:18 PM
oh ya. i got my windows tinted at the one in redford. ill probably go up there this weekend and see what alarms they have. im close to the one in Redford so ill go there. but from what ive seen they do good work.

Yep they are pretty cool. They will do whatever you ask them to do basically ;p.

THUNDERBIRD
11-13-2008, 09:28 PM
you need a gmbp for the immobilizer. the door locks need 2 relays and 1500ohm resistor. trunk is at the switch. and for the parking lights you need a relay because it is a high current ground. where in michigan are you? i am in lansing and do installations. i was working for skory autosound here in lansing but quit to go manage the biggby coffee that i have worked at for 3 years. more money and better hours.

itsbmw
11-13-2008, 09:43 PM
you need a gmbp for the immobilizer. the door locks need 2 relays and 1500ohm resistor. trunk is at the switch. and for the parking lights you need a relay because it is a high current ground. where in michigan are you? i am in lansing and do installations. i was working for skory autosound here in lansing but quit to go manage the biggby coffee that i have worked at for 3 years. more money and better hours.

I am in wayne county. like right between detroit and ann arbor.

99grandprixGT
11-13-2008, 09:47 PM
I am in wayne county. like right between detroit and ann arbor.

me 2:wave:

THUNDERBIRD
11-13-2008, 09:57 PM
come to lansing and leave the car here for a while and i can take care of you. we can talk prices threw pm.

itsbmw
11-13-2008, 10:42 PM
come to lansing and leave the car here for a while and i can take care of you. we can talk prices threw pm.

Ill be in lansing in june for the Alero show. How long will it take you to get the instatll done approximatly? :)

THUNDERBIRD
11-14-2008, 10:43 AM
Ill be in lansing in june for the Alero show. How long will it take you to get the instatll done approximatly? :)

anywhere from 2-4 hours.

itsbmw
11-14-2008, 05:29 PM
anywhere from 2-4 hours.

Alright that isnt bad Ill hit you up in like 5 or 6 months hahaha

THUNDERBIRD
11-15-2008, 04:24 PM
whatever is clever

Proximity
11-15-2008, 10:20 PM
I'm totally in wayne county too!

Anyway I was under the impression everything you need for an alarm install comes with with alarm when you buy it?..