PDA

View Full Version : car alarm questions

Elton
11-13-2008, 07:02 AM
hey guys i got a clifford matrix 1 and have some questions im looking to do just a basic keyless entry set up .... so do i just have to hook up the door lock wires parking light flash and siren and the shock sensor ..... what do i do about all the other wires just snipped them and tape them up really good .... also i noticed the siren wire has a red black wires i no what those are for but the manual didn't tell me whats the brown one for

Elton
11-13-2008, 07:05 AM
also i must say that siren it comes with is really loud i hooked it up for a quick test and it hurt my ears :scared: :drool:

Simek4life
11-13-2008, 02:33 PM
soft chirp maybe?

Vestax
11-13-2008, 07:40 PM
Soft chirp affects confirmation only. Having the siren under the hood might not be as loud as it did when you tested it out in the open.

Reading the manual will help determine what you'll use or not. Ignition input, 12v input, starter kill, parking lights, door locks, door pins, trunk/hood pin, siren output, mounting LED/valet switch/antenna, and ground are part of basic security keyless installation. Brown is normally output to siren's red wire. The siren's black wire goes to ground.

Elton
11-13-2008, 10:31 PM
maybe the brown is another hot wire for a extra siren ? cause i got a peizo siren for the inside too

Elton
11-14-2008, 06:55 AM
well im gonna have a go at it today getting tired of my door locks being semi broke

Elton
11-15-2008, 01:27 AM
i think i have it hooked up right but for some reason my dome lights stoped working fuse is good ? i dont remember cutting any wires also when i arm it it chirps twice then like 3 secs later it chirps 3 more times again also where do i put the shock sensor it dont seem to work where i have it

Elton
11-16-2008, 02:26 AM
ok got the dome lights working turns out i for got to plug it in now i no what wire to use for the dome light supervision ....... also got the extra chirping fixed had the door lock triggers wired into the door lock and unlock wires...... still cant get the shock sensor to work it seems to work if i shake it

Mike465
11-16-2008, 11:49 AM
You need to look for the wire that says "siren output" you yake the red wire form the siren and hock it up to the siren output wire from the brain and then you ground the black wire from the siren. For the shock sensor where are you mounting it?

Elton
11-20-2008, 11:57 AM
i got everything working still fiddling with the shock sensor which is mounted to the tranny tunnel

Elton
12-07-2008, 02:34 AM
ok got another siren found a code alarm mini battery back up siren for like $7 bucks off ebay just to cheap to pass up now im gonna have 3 hehe a peizo and 2 regular ones under the hood

THUNDERBIRD
12-07-2008, 02:25 PM
red wire from siren to brown wire from brain. and then hook up your door trigger and starter kill. so hook up ignition, starter kill, parking lights(proper polarity), power, ground,trunk pop,siren, door locks, sensor.

Elton
01-04-2009, 02:26 AM
got more questions i have a set of hella driving lights could i wire them up so i can push the trunk button and they will turn on ? and i was thinking about wiring the aux button to my air horn

Vestax
01-06-2009, 05:49 PM
got more questions i have a set of hella driving lights could i wire them up so i can push the trunk button and they will turn on ? and i was thinking about wiring the aux button to my air horn

Those can be done independent of the alarm. The purpose of an alarm is for convenience and security at a remote location. If you're wiring lights and horns, they should be wired separately with a switch and relay.

THUNDERBIRD
01-06-2009, 09:39 PM
use the aux for the horn and the 4th output for the lights because that is a latched output. i and use the 4th for my kc lights. great when in the woods at night ****ing around outside of the truck. and i use the aux for my window modules.

Elton
01-08-2009, 03:18 PM
everything has relay's sounds like all i need to do is spilce in the wires

Elton
01-09-2009, 01:45 AM
well i dont no where the trunk button wire is all there is on the harness according to the book is a aux wire