PDA

View Full Version : Have i messed up?

magoozle
11-13-2008, 06:34 AM
Hello all :) was told this is the place for help hehe

I recently bought a pair of 15" subs for the boot of my 406coupe, now my cars boot has a very small opening behind the seats (900mm wide x 350mm tall)
I built myself a (roughly) 4.3cubic foot box for the two subs that would fit through this gap into said boot.

Now it went in, wired up no problem sounds great hits hard BUT!!!!, i had it playing at half volume and opened the boot, my m8 in the car jumped up saying its MASSIVELY bassier when the boot lid is open, sure enough i left it open sat in turned it up and couldnt breath almost lol.

So what have i done wrong? im guessing maybe the subs dont have enough room to work as they are facing up and only 5-6inches from the metal boot roof?
Im thinking im gonna have to make a new sloped box with em facing the seats :/

Any input appreciated. thanks

bryce-man
11-13-2008, 06:42 AM
that happens alot with trunked cars
i read on somewhere on here why it happens.. but i cant remember why

MEMPHISFLEX
11-13-2008, 06:50 AM
In a trunk car most of the time subs port fire back and thats the loudest, usually not all the time, but this seems like one of those times!

magoozle
11-13-2008, 07:06 AM
meh, looks like im gonna have to get out the tools again lol

jmanpc
11-13-2008, 07:16 AM
What's happening is, the subs are loading off the rear wall of your car. When you open the boot, there's nothing to keep the air pressure in there. Therefore, your subs move more, thus moving more air. Nothing you're doing wrong.

magoozle
11-13-2008, 12:06 PM
so i take it them moving more is a good thing? will facing them toward the boot lid rather than up allow them to do this?

cheers